Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2016, 03:54 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Question Shower leak

I have had shower leaking issues on several trips and would caulk or re-caulk along the shower door frame base and have to wait until the next trip to see if it was fixed.
I have a Cruiser which has the three sliding glass panel door. I would have thought that the front panel would be on the inside track with the middle panel on the middle track and the rearmost glass on the outside track. This would have the overlap of the glass panels running the opposite of the shower head water direction. The current set up on my shower door has the water direction from the showerhead pointing right between the glass panels. Yes, there does appear to be somewhat of a wiper or seal between panels but it certainly does not create a seal.
I guess I am wondering if anyone else's three piece glass shower door is mounted this way?
Thanks for your help. I read this forum daily and have gotten some great ideas.
breams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 04:56 PM   #2
Gone Traveling

Yes, ours is mounted backwards also in my opinion, but being aware of we haven't had much problem. Our biggest leaking problem was they didn't caulk the bottom track at all.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 03:47 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Yes, ours is mounted backwards also in my opinion, but being aware of we haven't had much problem. Our biggest leaking problem was they didn't caulk the bottom track at all.
Yes, I am sure that ours was the same way, no caulk.
The last trip a couple of weeks ago I made sure the hand held shower head was pointed away from the glass door and had no water leak. When we go again next weekend I will point it straight as it should be which will direct some water at the door and I bet we see water on the floor. Will place a towel along outer edge just in case. I do not understand why it was built that way. That is like saying you would shingle a roof from the top down and each descending row you would place on top of the row above it?? Glad to know I was not the only person that thought it was backwards. Thanks for your reply.
Old 10-12-2016, 06:33 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Why note just reverse the doors, having 2 on the inside track and one on the outside or visa versa depending on the current setup? Many times the doors can be lifted up high enough to remove without too much issue.

Most mounting hdw/roller assemblies are the same and the top and bottom tracks should be compatible for either.

You might have to remove and reattach a towel bar or handle, if necessary, but at least the gap would be facing the opposite way of the water direction?

Not surprised if the factory wasn't paying attention.

Bob and Better Half

2007 F-250 PSD, SW, CC, LB, 2WD
2006 TF32SS Cross Terrain Toy Hauler (sold)
Reese 16k slider
r2millers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 06:04 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Shower Leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2millers View Post
Why note just reverse the doors, having 2 on the inside track and one on the outside or visa versa depending on the current setup? Many times the doors can be lifted up high enough to remove without too much issue.

Most mounting hdw/roller assemblies are the same and the top and bottom tracks should be compatible for either.

You might have to remove and reattach a towel bar or handle, if necessary, but at least the gap would be facing the opposite way of the water direction?

Not surprised if the factory wasn't paying attention.

I need to look at knob mounted to both open and close the door that doubles as the lock in open position for traveling. All of that is set up in outside track. Ideally I would like to set the front glass in inner track, 2nd glass in middle track and back glass in outer track. That would make the over lap correct.
Old 10-14-2016, 12:03 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

i have had the same problems with shower leaking. I thought it was the doors but then notice it was coming out from under the shower. Have to see what the dealer says just called and ready for pick up
vacationer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 12:29 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

Shower Leaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacationer View Post
i have had the same problems with shower leaking. I thought it was the doors but then notice it was coming out from under the shower. Have to see what the dealer says just called and ready for pick up

I would like to hear what your dealer had to say. Yes, I know I had a portion coming from under the bottom track/frame. I did not see any signs of caulk and do not believe their quality of workmanship was such that I just could not see it. I will find out next weekend when I leave the shower head pointed straight ahead just how much the door issue has to do with the leak.
Old 05-22-2017, 11:14 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by breams View Post
I would like to hear what your dealer had to say. Yes, I know I had a portion coming from under the bottom track/frame. I did not see any signs of caulk and do not believe their quality of workmanship was such that I just could not see it. I will find out next weekend when I leave the shower head pointed straight ahead just how much the door issue has to do with the leak.

Has anyone reversed their three shower sliding doors? With the knob on the outer door I wonder if it will screw off and be put in the door with the finger hole? Does the top cap have to be removed or is there enough room to lift the panels out without disturbing the frame?
Old 05-22-2017, 07:52 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

Our shower is leaking too. We just picked up our new camper at the beginning of May. We just have 2 doors that slide & after inspecting after the first time leaking, I found that they didn't silicone a portion of the track to the base because they couldn't get to it with the doors installed. I took the stops off on the upper track to move the doors far enough to silicone those spots. Unfortunately, we found out it is still leaking. This weekend I'm planning on removing the doors completely, removing all of the silicone & then silicone everything again. Hopefully this will take care of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Smaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 09:02 PM   #10
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by breams View Post
Has anyone reversed their three shower sliding doors? With the knob on the outer door I wonder if it will screw off and be put in the door with the finger hole? Does the top cap have to be removed or is there enough room to lift the panels out without disturbing the frame?
My buddy had an issue with his ST26RB shower doors. The screws were backing out and the doors were loose or falling off tracks. We lifted the top cover and he slid the doors out, re-threaded the screws with locktite and slid them back on. Don't know if they can be removed without taking the top cap off, doubt it. But, it was easy to do with a 2-3 people.
Former: Crossroads ST26RB
Steve7 is offline   Reply With Quote