Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2015, 04:40 AM   #1
New Camper

Slide Creeps Out while driving

My main slide is not locking in while driving down the freeway, every 100 miles I have to pull over to suck slide back in....I thought it was supposed to lock in...
Nudels2u75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 05:36 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

I have not heard or seen this problem on a CrossRoads product. What year is you unit, and the model and the model number IE Crusier, Zinger
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 05:42 AM   #3
New Camper

I have just purchased the 2015 Rushmore/Franklin 5th Wheel, It was built at the new location, It was the only one of its kind with all Vinyl floors except Bedroom and has the SS Residential Refrigerator...It has 4 slides and the Main Slide creeps out about 6 inches while traveling...Not sure if it would continue as I always pull over to suck it back in...I thought they would have a safety latch or lockout or something..I have not been able to locate anything...I could not find a manual inside the camper on it...
Old 08-15-2015, 06:16 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

WOW - That's scary - I'd get it into the dealer RIGHT now... and in the meantime I suggest you take a couple of 2x4's inside to block either end to stop that...
What if on a particular odd turn the 'creep' becomes a fast slide and it overturns your rv?

Our coach came with two adjustable slide out locking bars like shown below, but we have not needed them since ours has not moved and I have been known to drive in a 'spirited' manner
(If you are in the dfw area, we don't use these so come on by)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Slideout locks.JPG (15.7 KB, 171 views)
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 02:26 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

The Rushmore probably has hydraulic slides and you likely have an air leak for that slide out.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 06:10 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayle1 View Post
The Rushmore probably has hydraulic slides and you likely have an air leak for that slide out.

Maybe air in the lines?
If so, it might need to be bled to get rid of the air. Kind of like bleeding the brakes.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 06:11 AM   #7
New Camper

Do these slides lock in once they are collapsed, It opens and closes fine, and I have watched while I messed with it on several practice tips... All of the slides do suck all the way in, but that one creeps back out while traveling

I live Full Time In it, Out of state Long term work
Old 08-18-2015, 09:23 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

I agree- I would get to a dealer as soon as you can! Especially because it could potentially pose a safety issue.

Should you need help locating a dealer in your area (or projected area) please let me know. I'd be happy to locate one!

Christian
CrossRoads Public Relations
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 08:45 AM   #9
New Camper

Yes that would be great...I need a dealership

Yes that would be great...I need a dealership, as I have not been able to locate an active one in my area, I also need to purchase the X-tra big awning with the led light, that mounts on my back slide. Also want to purchase the nightstands where we had the dealership remove our King bed and install the Queen size.
My current address is Marseilles Illinois and I will be here for the next 14-18 months

I live Full Time In it, Out of state Long term work
Old 08-19-2015, 02:16 PM   #10
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudels2u75 View Post
Yes that would be great...I need a dealership, as I have not been able to locate an active one in my area, I also need to purchase the X-tra big awning with the led light, that mounts on my back slide. Also want to purchase the nightstands where we had the dealership remove our King bed and install the Queen size.
My current address is Marseilles Illinois and I will be here for the next 14-18 months
Okay! So based on the zip code listed for Marseilles, Illinios- here are three dealerships nearby. You can not only use them for service work, but for purchasing the items you mentioned. They will be able to order directly from CrossRoads, and have them shipped in.
If you are trying to decide between dealerships, I would call around and see who has the shortest wait list. (But thats just me! ;-))

Let me know how else I can help!
EL PASO RV
Approximately 28 Miles from 61341
15481 W 2000 N
Pontiac, IL 61764
815-844-5000

TIMBERVIEW RV CENTER
Approximately 45 Miles from 61341
9801 West 191st Street
MOKENA, IL 60448
708-479-2400

LAKEVIEW RV
Approximately 62 Miles from 61341
8840 IL RTE 2 N
BYRON, IL 61010
815-234-8483
http://wwwlakelouisellc.com
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 11:01 PM   #11
Weekend Camper

The same think happened on my Redwood. It was air in the hydraulic lines. Bleeding the system fixed it.
Titan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote