Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2018, 03:46 PM   #1
New Camper

slide out leaking on Sunset Reserve

Has anyone had the slide out leak under the floor and along the wall only when it is in the closed position. I just noticed and have no idea where water could be making it's way in. Windows, seals and underneath still looks sealed.... I am baffled.
Lincoln65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 04:25 PM   #2
Site Team

Check for rips in the seals that are only visible when compressed. Also, look to see if the bulb seals are caulked tight to the sidewall.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 06:40 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Mine did this. It was coming in through a hairline crack where the window was not sealed as it should be. It's only noticeable when the slide is in. Better check for slide floor damage.

2005 GMC 2500HD D/M crew cab
towhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:09 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Had a similar problem, only leaked while traveling in the rain. It turned out to be water spray from the tires. I added some foam weather stripping along bottom of slide.
2009 F-150XLT
Russb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 03:03 PM   #5
New Camper

Sunset Slide out leak

Hi,
I had a leak on a few spots and as stated above, one was a seal on a window. One was also on the closet slide, the brown trim had a crack in the caulking. Sealed it up and no problem.
I did have major leaks on the slides, when out, but had the dealer fix those pronto. Water would come down the sides of the slide outs, and follow the track back into the trailer. They put some silicone dams just behind the wipes, and that allowed the water to drop before coming inside.

On another note, everyone who has the three holding tanks, check the one from the kitchen. It has a pipe that joins with the main pipe, visible below the trailer. It will crack at the elbow just under the skin. No bracket holding it tight to trailer. After a few trips on the US highways around Atlanta.... Oh, and also the one below the fridge, for those with the outside kitchen... it also is not supported/clamped.
lpn9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 04:45 PM   #6
New Camper

1. NEVER use SILICONE as a sealant...Silicone will not stick to silicone, so it cannot be resealed if leak starts again... PROFLEX RV is better.
2. You can buy a product from Amazon called Capn Tolleys Creaping Crack Cure. It is a little expensive and goes on like milk. If when putting it on you see it suck inside a crack, mark the spot with blue tape. Wait about 30 minutes and crack cure this area again (not the whole area) just the suck area. NOTE: The crack cure is for smaller leaks.

I had a leak on the bottom part of the slide... took it all the way off and cleaned it and put a ton of sealant on it and put it back together.
islander32 is offline   Reply With Quote