Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2012, 05:53 AM   #1
New Camper

I have an '05 28RL.
I have an intermittant problem with the large slide. Sometimes it won't go in, and sometimes it won't go out. I can hear the auto c/b trip and reset. I might select 'out' and it will work, thenI select 'in' and it will trip the breaker repeatedly. Yesterday it was just the opposite...in was good but out was bad.
Anybody have any ideas?
Old 06-07-2012, 08:04 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Have you lubed the mechanism? I spray the entire mechanism with WD40 once a year. This cleans the dirt out and helps lube for a shor time.
The bunk bedroom is for Haley!

Crossing the Roads with The Mason-Dixon Bunch
RKamperRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:52 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

It's an electric motor that operates the slider. If an internalbearing has tightened up, you can create enough heat while operating to kick off the breaker until cooled down.

You might disconnect and see if it turns freely first.

Bob and Better Half

2007 F-250 PSD, SW, CC, LB, 2WD
2006 TF32SS Cross Terrain Toy Hauler (sold)
Reese 16k slider
r2millers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:53 AM   #4
New Camper

We a 27ft 2010 Sunset Trail Travel Trailer we are having a slider issue. It started with the slider going out uneven we would then have to bring it in and try again. Our last trip we had to guide it out evenly with minor physical pressure in order to use it. Now it starts to go out and stops and won't come in. I talked to the dealership we purchased it from and they gave me a number for Lippet? I have read a few posts saying that it has cost some campers $2500 grand to fix theirs?? Does anyone have any ideas?

Globug11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:36 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Depending on when you purchased that unit it mihght have a Crossroads warranty. Call the factory

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 04:44 AM   #6
New Camper

Our warranty for 2 years expired on June 21! I will have to call Lippet Monday. The last campout also created another problem with the air conditioner. It will only go off if the thermosat is on 85! Otherwise, it just keeps running and running...not too happy with this camper right nowl
Old 07-15-2012, 01:07 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Your A/C might be working correctly. We used to think that ours was overworking until I bought a small indoor thermometer and mounted it about the A/C thermostat. Turns out that we would set the thermostat at about 72 and then would wonder why it was so cold in the trailer. It was perception. The actual temperature in the trailer would be in the low 80's, yet it it felt cold. The A/C was thumping hard to get it down to 72 and would run continuously.
2006 Cruiser CF30SK
Hamops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:55 AM   #8
New Camper

our slider is not level and you can see one side is lower than the other. We just noticed it is scraping on the linoleum. Any suggestions?
Old 07-23-2013, 10:35 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

WD40 is for water displacement and is not really a lubricant. It wil provide short term improvement. Most sildes should use a dry lubricant to prevent road grime collection as they are not a greasy buildup. WD is a great product but not a true lubricant it is designed to help prevent corrision.
If the slide is not level it will bind and cause the motor to heat and trip. There can be other factors others will comment . Best of luck hopefully it will be a minor fix.
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
socoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:46 AM   #10
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via AIM to denlor
X2 on the WD-40 it is mostly acohol as you can see if you spray it and light it. It evaporates quickly but is a good cleaner. Try a dry spray lube after cleaning.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:26 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globug11

our slider is not level and you can see one side is lower than the other. We just noticed it is scraping on the linoleum. Any suggestions?
Sounds to me like it's out of adjustment. There is adjusting bolts on the bottom outside on mine that will raise or lower it. If you're not comfortable doing that, I would suggest taking it in to a dealer and let them line everything up.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote