Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2019, 04:26 PM   #1
New Camper

Slide seperates from floor when retracting slide

What is needed to fix the separation of the slide walls from the floor when bringing the slide back in. I have read that others have had this issue also. looking to fix it or get it fixed. Please help! 2015 Zinger 27R.
Moeh62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 06:58 PM   #2
Site Team

I have read where they had to use a light angle laid in the corners and anchored to both the sidewalls and the floor.
The story was, it was caused by using the slide when it was pulled into the camper and the leading edge was not supported underneath with something.

This was happening years ago. I use a couple lengths of 3/4 in. 1x2s to slip under the leading edge when the slide is retracted. With this setup we have been able to use the slide when it's retracted for lunch stops when traveling.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 08:05 PM   #3
Site Team

If the floor is separating from the wall and is not broken you could possibly put some long screws from underneath thru the floor into the wall. Of course if the wall or the floor is rotted out or broken you may have to do a deeper repair replacing the damage. I have seen videos where they replaced the floor without removing the slide.

I remember when we got our first slide the dealer cautioned us about walking on it without it fully opened. They had one in for repairs that he showed us and the floor was cracked about 4" from the side wall.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 08:05 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

I do what Lloyd does ...use 3 pieces of 3/4" plywood,sanded smooth, under each end of leading edge of slide and one in the middle under the dinette seat back. .That way the slide is usable when in .

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 07:34 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

I put a bead of construction adhesive into the gaps after opening them up by extending the slide then retracting it slightly. Then reopened the slide to close the gap and replaced the short screws through the sidewall into the particleboard floor with #8X3in. screws. Checked the caulking areound the walls and floor and found a small break at the metal bracket where the slide cables attach. Reseald the whole area and then replaced all the short screws with the long ones. Seems to have worked but next summer will tell the tale. Whole issue could have been avoided with longer screws but they take extra time to install and likely cost more as would plywood instead of particleboard!
Baldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote