Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2013, 01:05 PM   #21
Weekend Camper

Did a little search on Google and I found at the Forest River discussion site, they have right in their owners manual to not walk on the floor of the push out while retracted. Guess its just not Crossroads.

BrianEdited by: Badwin
Badwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:37 AM   #22
Full Time Camper

I had the same problem with mine. After playing tag with a service person to repair it the factory guy told me how to fix it. Screws up from the bottom as previously described. Without having done it before it took about an hour. No problems. FWIW mine had 1 screw about 8" back from the edge and I couldn't see any more... Piss poor construction.

As for supporting it I went to Wally World and picked up 3 hard rubber door stops. Perfect height to slide under the edge and support it. 2 at the back and one at the front. A small eyebolt in the back of each and string tying them together makes removal easy and the string laying in the walkway of the floor is a reminder.

I figure the bouncing of the heavy sleeper sofa is what caused it. I did get the warning about walking on it.
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
avvidclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:47 PM   #23
Weekend Camper

I wonder if a guy should put some screws in them even if the walls are good

Brian
Badwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:00 PM   #24
Weekend Camper

I finally repaired the separated slideout wall. I used SS wood screws 1 3/4 from the bottom up every 2 inches ; 36 screws. SS ecause it wont rust and stain the carpet. The flat head compresses the particle board and doesnt touch the sliding surface of the main floor. Then replaced the alu strip taking care to screw it in the alu frame as few of the screws were before. Take care when screwing these screws that the threaded section is long enough so the unthreaded section doesnt reach the alu framing otherwise you have to use a larger screw.cause theholes will be enlarged.
denism28 is offline   Reply With Quote