Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2013, 11:37 AM   #41
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter11
There have been 7+ post on it today and there were many over the weekend as well. I know it is suppose to go away but they still have 2 to 3 people as admins on it. That is all we are trying to do here is get Crossroads to give a couple of people on this forum the rights to delete Spam and Spammers. If they cannot keep up with it daily let a couple of people on here do it.

To be honest we have no one administering this forum on a daily basis and I have to say I feel like we police ourselves really good. You never see post get out of hand to the point an admin would close them down. We do have heated post from time to time but we seem to keep them in check and don't get out of control. In fact I think the most heated post we had on here was due to one of the old Crossroads management getting involved in something they shouldn't have. So I am pretty proud of this bunch but we still need to be able to keep Spam and the users posting it in check. Ok, I done.....
well said.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:36 PM   #42
Full Time Camper

Hunter and Anaro, well said by both of you. I saw on the Redwood site that they are migrating to a new forum. I particularly agree with Anaro about shutting out potential buyers.

Does the new president and VP have email addresses? We should start questioning them about their forums. IMHO
2013 Zinger 30KB - Sold
CrossroadsRV Rally 2013 & 2014 - Northeast Crossroads Rally 2014 - Mason-Dixon Rally 2014
BODERRVING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:46 PM   #43
Full Time Camper

the only thing I'm worried about is them taking this forum away completely. If they shut this down the only thing left is the Thor forum hopefully everyone would be able to make their way over there if that happened.Edited by: anaro

2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

Old 09-23-2013, 12:49 PM   #44
Full Time Camper

I have an idea that I will shoot an email to you and a few others that I had at the factory rally.
2013 Zinger 30KB - Sold
CrossroadsRV Rally 2013 & 2014 - Northeast Crossroads Rally 2014 - Mason-Dixon Rally 2014
Old 09-23-2013, 12:58 PM   #45
Full Time Camper

looking forward to hearing it. It's just such a shame that it is falling on the shoulders of owners/members to try and rise this out of the ashes.

2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

Old 09-23-2013, 01:33 PM   #46
Site Team

In the meantime, here is where I sent my complaints to: info@crossroadsrv.com. Never received a reply though. Phone number for Crossroads corporate: (260) 593-3850 </span>

Andy Cripe: president Crossroads

Bob Martin: president Thor
Thor Industries, Inc.
601 East Beardsley Avenue
Elkhart, IN 46514-3305
phone: 574-970-7460

email
call
It can't hurt

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:48 PM   #47
Weekend Camper

As far as Crossroad is concerned there is but one forum. As a Crossroads owner that should be enough. Like I said in an earlier post, I think Crossroads should put Redwood, Rushmore and Elevation under this forum and only have one under this umbrella with a post for each to talk abouteach brands problem.The Redwood forum was set up to place problems and solutions to them, not to sell Redwoods.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:18 PM   #48
Full Time Camper

I have to disagree that the forum is not a place to help sell units. I am currently researching full time units for us and in that research I have joined the forums of the manufactures I am looking at. I did this to see what kind of problems and issues they might have and how the company and dealers respond to those issues. There are many people that have come on this forum asking questions and researching Crossroads before buying a unit. I think the forum is a very important selling tool. NowI have noticed that the other forums I have joined do have people within the company that read/monitor the forums and some chime in on issues and listen to what their customers are saying and make changes if needed to correct problems. That to me shows an interest by the company in it's customers and to try and improve the product. When you do not listen to what your customers are saying you will fall by the wayside and be left behind by your competitors. Edited by: Hunter11
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:40 AM   #49
Full Time Camper

I could not agree with you more, Hunter11. Although we have owned our current unit only 6 months, we are considering full timing it. Needless to say, we are researching what everyone on this forum has to say about different units. Like you, we have gone on other forums along with the generalized RV forums to see what others are saying. We have already found that some units/manufacturers are off the list. Talking with other owners is the best way to learn what you will need, might need and wish you had while on the road.

We have also been told by others that some suggestions have been used by Crossroads but usually placed on the high-end units first. This was brought up at the factory rally this summer without any clear explanation from management. One that comes to mind is 4-step folding steps replacing the triple fold out steps. There were several others that were brought up also.

Crossroads management should realize that their bread and butter is the customer. Period.
2013 Zinger 30KB - Sold
Old 09-25-2013, 10:22 AM   #50
Full Time Camper

I too have joined other forums looking at new 5ers. I have seen members/owners as moderators and factory reps answering questions. This can help keep the load of the admin shoulders. And yes forums do sell trailers. The positive posts about customer service I read here back in 2010 and 2011 helped me choose which TT I wanted when it boiled down to 2 very similar units.

2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS