Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2016, 05:30 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Suburban oven

Just had first week in new 2016, cruiser Aire,
Couple of small issues, nothing drastic, but, after being lit for half an hour oven temp on high only reached 250 degrees, is the flame adjustable or is there more to it than adjusting flame size - height?
billinmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 05:36 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Have you checked the flame? On high it should be similar to a full size propane bbq grill on high, if not a little bigger. It seems that even a modest flame would get it up to temp in half an hour though. Maybe its the thermostat. Can you listen or peek to see if the fire goes off at 250?

Once you get it sorted out, a really easy and useful mod is to put a porcelain floor tile about the size of the oven on the oven floor to spread the heat from the flame evenly. This prevents hot spots where one side of the cookie sheet is burnt while the other is raw. I think my tile is 18" x 18."
stormseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 05:51 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Thanks Stormseeker, I checked the flame, it was only maybe 1/4" long, but I didn't think to see if it was going out and back on
, good idea,will do.
Old 05-02-2016, 06:15 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

Update on oven,dealer pulled it out and cleaned orfice and burner tube , now works fine,! Yeah
Old 05-03-2016, 06:15 AM   #5
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by billinmi View Post
Update on oven,dealer pulled it out and cleaned orfice and burner tube , now works fine,! Yeah
Good deal! Oh, the perversity of inanimate objects.