Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2017, 05:08 PM   #21
Full Time Camper

It's knd of like watching the person slowly walk in the crosswalk, or the guy driving in the fast lane at 55, as if they're the only one in the world. No hurry or intent to help.
I agree with prepping ahead of time and at least showing that you're trying to go quickly and respect those behind you.

Two things to add...
If you can find a dump station close by home, it gives enough mixing time to eliminate a pyramid.
Also, I pick up and move the hose when flushing the gray tank, just to ensure the "debris" flows out before finished.
I use a heavy set of long Rubbermaid gloves thru the process and also have a tote for my Rhino.

Bob and Better Half

2007 F-250 PSD, SW, CC, LB, 2WD
2006 TF32SS Cross Terrain Toy Hauler (sold)
Reese 16k slider
r2millers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 09:09 PM   #22
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtx View Post
Lol, what does taking the time to clean black water tank and hose properly, have to do with dogs, or driving through campsites ? Cleaning properly is rude or inconsiderate ?
No, but just pointing out the lack,of consideration for others nowadays.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 09:36 PM   #23
Site Team

Lack of consideration could also be forcing a camper to hurry up and not do a proper job of cleaning his tanks and hose. I don't like waiting in line either, but I'm going to do the job correctly also. Like someone said, get up earlier to leave if your are in a hurry.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 07:08 PM   #24
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley View Post
If you are just going to use toilet again anyways ,no need to be anal about making the tank spotless.
Agree. If I am in need of a thorough cleaning, I'll stop for a night and get full hookups. There I can play sewer-guy all day long. Like maybe the last day of the season, and within one day of home. But for a regular stop? No need, just dump, (flush the toilet here once if you absolutely have to run water down the toilet), flush with grey, rinse hose and go!
Dalzell SC
MartyinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:16 PM   #25
Weekend Camper

My .02 worth for the OP....

1. After a couple of trips LP, you will find the routine that works for you. Lots of great advice here but everyone eventually find there own way.

2. If your going to a location where there will be hundreds, if not thousands of campers present at an event and there is only one dump station, do some homework and find one located on your route home. They exist and often times are far better than what you would find at the camp ground.

3. I have very little patience and I often find myself offering to help if I see someone taking an abundant amount of time trying get things wrapped up. However, after a full year with my camper, I quickly learned that part of the process is being patient and helping out only when I can.

4. X10 on the Rhino hose. I keep mine in a tote and I take it out and let it air dry when I get home. Keeps it clean and virtually no odor. My bumper hose has never been used. I think it is still there....

Enjoy your new unit and have fun.