Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2019, 07:17 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Tank monitor dead, no water heater, no power zone 1 and 3

I have a Sunset Trail 336BH. For a while, the water heater only worked on electric. I bought a new circuit board, installed it, and neither gas or electric worked. Put the old one back in, electric worked. The next time I used the trailer, I got no hot water on electric. Fuse was blown on the board. Replace with a 5amp bc the parts house didn’t have a 2amp, electric water heater worked. This weekend, no hot water again. Tried using the new one I bought, fuse blew. Put the old one back in, and all of the sudden no lights when the switch for electric or gas was flipped. Also, the lights for the tank monitor didn’t light up.

I checked breakers, and fuses. I even pulled fuses to check them, but I noticed on zone 1 and zone 3 fuses, once pulled there wasn’t a red light that came one that would indicated a broken circuit (from no fuse or blown fuse). The water pump switch still lights up on the panel, and all the lights work, slides, awning, etc on the panel. The AC works, as well as the furnace. The furnace has been acting strange lately though, but I don’t know if it’s related. I was having an issue occasionally that the furnace would kick on when activated, run a couple cycles and never come back on unless I turned the climate control to off, waited to hear a click, then turn the heater back on. Again, it would cycle 2 or 3 times and never come back on. I did the mysterious breaker trick on the actual furnace, and it worked fine again for weeks.

What am I not getting here? Possible loose ground somewhere??
Old 04-01-2019, 06:47 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

1) All these are 12vdc CONTROL; have you checked your battery charge status? i.e voltage? Checked battery water level? Re: circuit board, 5a probably blew the board vs blowing fuse, whatever the problem is (maybe damaged wire?) NEVER good idea to oversize a fuse.
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 07:41 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Battery status indicator doesn’t work either. Battery is fine. I agree about the fuse, and at the time I didn’t have a choice.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:52 PM   #4
Site Team

Check the wires at the back of the water heater where the heating element is. One of mine loosened up and gave a similar problem to yours. Make sure all power off.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 02:11 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

I am now on my third 4th circuit board. I had all the same issues as you. I am glad they have all been replaced under warranty.
smoke33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 06:30 PM   #6
Seasonal Camper

We lost the fridge and one slide on the Cruiser, turned out it was the wire going to the breaker coming off the battery they are crimp fittings and can vibrate loose. Check those connections in the battery compartment

2019 Volante 240RL
mapachoo is offline   Reply With Quote