Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 01:45 PM   #1
Site Team

Thread Hijacking

Lets try and keep the discussion going in the same direction as the OP started it. I've noticed it has been drifting off in other directions pretty heavily lately. I also know it's pretty easy for it to happen. I'm guilty of it myself, but once it gets started it seems to snowball in a hurry.
So if you have something off topic you would like addressed, maybe consider a new thread.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:16 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

I see this complaint from time to time and always wondered why ?

Aren't these called discussion forums?

how many discussions stay exactly on topic ?

if I want to find out about awnings - I just use the search feature and type in awnings - I don't scan the threads for the 'awning' topic
Old 11-19-2013, 03:59 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Farmer View Post
Lets try and keep the discussion going in the same direction as the OP started it. I've noticed it has been drifting off in other directions pretty heavily lately. I also know it's pretty easy for it to happen. I'm guilty of it myself, but once it gets started it seems to snowball in a hurry.
So if you have something off topic you would like addressed, maybe consider a new thread.
Okay. One time at band camp…………

Sorry I couldn't resist.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:31 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Farmer View Post
I understand what your saying, I too am guilty of this sometimes, but will make a better effort with staying on topic. Thanks for making everyone aware of this.

Chris & Karen- Heyworth, Illinois
2009 CF32BL pulled by a 2011 RAM 2500 CTD 4x4
PullRite Superglide 18K hitch
2015stats:
Nights: 28
Miles: 3245
Old 11-19-2013, 05:27 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

It's more when threads take a completely different direction from the intended topic or title that it becomes confusing. For those of us who visit regularly we often go back to a specific thread to follow progress and when you find it is on a completely different discussion and it becomes hard to follow. We are all guilty of it, sometimes it just gets so far off topic it never returns to the original posters concern or problem. For those not comfortable with the search features, they can waste a lot of time trying to find an answer when they start reading a thread from the beginning.

As an example, our Saskatchewan RoughRiders won the West Division on the weekend and are playing in the Canadian Football League championship game on Sunday - the Grey Cup at home in Regina, SK. Go Riders!!

Couldn't resist!! 🏈
Saskatoon, SK
Old 11-19-2013, 06:43 PM   #6
Site Team

Just to clarify this a little bit more.
A new thread has to have a name just to be able to post it. Most people will decide by the title if it's something they are interested in and would want to read or not. It gets pretty frustrating not only for the op, but a lot of other people when it gets way off track.
I for one don't like to start reading a thread that is suppose to be about leaky faucets (example) and after a few legitimate posts, have to wade thru a couple pages of off topic posts regarding who lives where or what ever, before getting another post pertaining to the what the op started.
This all has nothing to do with searching, or band standing. In a lot of ways it can be considered common courtesy to the op and your fellow forum members.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:43 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Guilty but will try to be better.

2013 Zinger 30KB - Sold
CrossroadsRV Rally 2013 & 2014 - Northeast Crossroads Rally 2014 - Mason-Dixon Rally 2014
Old 11-19-2013, 07:56 PM   #8
Seasonal Camper

As few members as we have I already see moderators running them off. I'm out of here, enjoy the forum guys.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:25 PM   #9
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sking View Post
As few members as we have I already see moderators running them off. I'm out of here, enjoy the forum guys.
Why? I have seen no reason to jump ship.
The bunk bedroom is for Haley!

Crossing the Roads with The Mason-Dixon Bunch
Old 11-19-2013, 08:50 PM   #10
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sking View Post
Hey, Sking, I hope you do not leave us. We will be off topic on occasion but I think we will survive. I guess this was a friendly reminder. Please stay.

Jean
2013 Zinger 30KB - Sold
CrossroadsRV Rally 2013 & 2014 - Northeast Crossroads Rally 2014 - Mason-Dixon Rally 2014
Old 11-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #11
Site Team

Wow, one special request of us leads to this??? It's not like anyone is banned or kicked out of the forum. Such knee jerk reactions are hard to understand.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
Closed Thread