Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2016, 07:51 AM   #1
New Camper

Tire pressure

We recently bought a Zinger 33SB. Came straight from manufacturer with 50 psi in all 4 tires. Tires say 65 psi cold pressure. They are nitro filled so not sure if that makes a difference. Thoughts?
dtime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 10:44 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

If you want you could go to a tire store that fills with nitrogen, but I've never worried about it, especially when I used my large diesel pickups for the 5'ers where I was changing psi pretty often depending on towing or not...

I just put my ST tires right at the top (or a bit over) the max sidewall psi.

Now that we ride in the coach though, am more careful with psi as I don't want it to ride like solid tires, so I weighed it and put the psi a bit over what the mfg's called for minimum psi for the weight.
Old 11-22-2016, 02:44 PM   #3
Gone Traveling

Just use air, it's mostly nitrogen.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 08:27 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtime1 View Post
We recently bought a Zinger 33SB. Came straight from manufacturer with 50 psi in all 4 tires. Tires say 65 psi cold pressure. They are nitro filled so not sure if that makes a difference. Thoughts?
Run your tires at the recommended max cold psi pressure - 65 psi. If you run them lower than this you risk tires heating and blowouts. I run my E rated tires at recommended pressure of 80 psi all the time. Was through Texas and Louisiana in July and didn't have any problems at 105 degree weather and my tires never heated. If your trailer is loaded anywhere near maximum don't keep them under 65 psi. Others may have different experiences but most blowouts occur because tire pressure is too low and they heat. Especially these cheaper Chinese tires they use. Just add air to increase pressure, don't worry about nitrogen. Probably came from factory at 50 psi - trailer with no extra weight added - you'll add about 1,500 pounds plus to that weight once you have everything loaded and tank of water, etc.
Saskatoon, SK
WildWildWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 06:52 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtime1 View Post
dtime
My Cruiser came from the factory with nitrogen in the tires also...I use compressed air to bring the tires up to the 80 PSI recommended for my tires, which might only be 1 PSI depending on the ambient temperature...I also always check the pressure first thing in the morning when the temperature is at it's lowest...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote