Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2010, 07:09 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

Does any body know or had knowledge of the Smartire system???

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:12 PM   #2
New Camper

Smartire no, but we use the Pressure Pro system and are very pleased with it. Saved us from having problems as we were leaving Jackson Hole and headed to Yellowstone. Sensor notified us of a leak, we turned around and headed back to town...in less than an hour Big O Tires had us back on the road with a repaired tire. Wouldn't leave home without it.

Brent
bebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:30 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebel
Smartire no, but we use the Pressure Pro system and are very pleased with it. Saved us from having problems as we were leaving Jackson Hole and headed to Yellowstone. Sensor notified us of a leak, we turned around and headed back to town...in less than an hour Big O Tires had us back on the road with a repaired tire. Wouldn't leave home without it.

Brent
X2 on the Pressure Pro. I feel more secure about my tires now. Very easy to check all tire pressures each morning beforeI head out. Also check pressures when under way. I have found when under way they are all about the same.
rcflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:44 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

I use the Pressure Pro system also. In looking at the smartire system the sensors are mounter to the inside of the rim. Pressure pro are mounted on the valve steam, I changed mine to steel ones, but they claim you can use any steam. So the only time the sensor is using poser is when I hhem installed. The other system would be powered all the time and making sensor life a little shorter I would think. Also to change the sensor you would have to break the tire down to get inside. I guess the up side would be noone could walk off with it but that has not been a problem for us.

I had one false alarm but It is a peace of mind thing and makes the DW happy