Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2019, 10:23 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

TireMinder advice

Need some input from anyone using a TireMinder system for 4 tires. Since I have a single axle RV, can I monitor those two tires as well as my two rear truck tires using this device? Also noticed there are several Models of Tireminder system, is that due to length of what you are hauling? Our camper in an 18-footer.
Old 10-04-2019, 03:50 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville68Bird View Post
Need some input from anyone using a TireMinder system for 4 tires. Since I have a single axle RV, can I monitor those two tires as well as my two rear truck tires using this device? Also noticed there are several Models of Tireminder system, is that due to length of what you are hauling? Our camper in an 18-footer.
They will work on the truck and trailer. Most you can buy extra sensors so you can monitor all tires. Check to see if you have metal valve stems as some have had problems with the weight of the stem monitors damaging the rubber ones
Old 10-07-2019, 08:12 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

programmable

You program each sender as to it position on your rig.
We are using Model A1A and you can even let it know that you dropped the trailer so you are not getting alarms because the sensor signals are out of range.
You may need a booster because of the distance from the in cab display to the back wheels.
They also have a battery replacement program where for $5.00 they send a compliment of batteries and o-rings.
Old 10-09-2019, 06:43 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

Thanks all. I got the kit in the mail today, replaced the China Bombs with GY Endurances, and will install the Tireminder system tomorrow.