Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2010, 10:05 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

I have 2006 cf29ck. at the camp site i dumped the black water tank but the toilet did not drain . has anyone with this model have the same problem .Andwhat was the fix . thanks Phil
luvcycles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:58 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Your statement is is cryptic. You mean you TRIED to dump the black water tank and it didn't drain? If that's the case then there is probably something clogging the outlet. The simple fix might be to drive the rig tomorrow and slosh things around and then try it again.

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:10 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Are you sure the valve opened?Are you using the indicator level lights or are you sure nothing came out the hose?The valve handle could have come lose or broke.Than there could be something blocking the outlet.Just my two cents.

2009 Cruiser 29RK
FB1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:59 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

t
Old 07-14-2010, 12:05 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

I have no trouble dumping the black tank . the trouble is in the toilet .It did not empty out ihad to use a snake to get it to empty. but it still gave me trouble
Old 07-14-2010, 12:57 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

too much shtuff in the toilet more water in the bowl before you go
Greg Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:38 PM   #7
jeb
Family Vacation Member

That will happen when someone uses too much paper and not enough water to flush. The paper gets wadded up in the downpipe and must be pushed out through the toilet into the tank.

I carry a piece of 1/2 inch water pipe (the same stuff used in your trailer for water) that can be gotten at Lowes or HD. Get a piece if it as long as it takes to ram down through the toilet, make a 45 degree turn or two and then hit the tank. Wrap one end of it with a ball of electrical tape and make a bulb shaped tip, about an 1 1/2 inches in diameter. It's pretty flexible but not so flexible that it won't push stuf out of its way.

When this happens again, just ram the tool you made down the toilet and push the blockage out. Add plenty of water when you're done so that wad of paper doesn't just sit there and get hard or you'' end up with the dreaded paper teepee which won't be as easy to get rid of.

The tool can be stored with your dump pipe and doesn't weigh anything so it won't cost anything to haul around - even if you don't need it.

jeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:15 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

Your '06 came with a black tank spray kit and you should be using it everytime you dump the tank. Use an old garden hose and connect to it and fill the black tank with water. As previously mentioned, you probably have a dry pile built up that's plugging up the toilet pipe. The tank spray should help to break this up. Also if you are travelling each day, leave some water in the black tank so that it can slosh about in the tank and soften and loosen any dry or stuck debris. When you use the toilet, you should fill the bowel at least half full for a good flush.
2006 Cruiser CF30SK
Hamops is offline   Reply With Quote