Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2015, 03:43 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Toilet clogged?

Pretty sure I already know the answer, but my black tank drains and I can tell water/waste are exiting. The problem is, when I open the toilet valve, it looks full of water. Water still drains when flushing, so it isn't "clogged" per se. I assume there is toilet paper/crap somewhere in the drain line from the toilet to the tank.

My question is, has anyone else experienced this? Also, did you just buy one of the "magic wands" and try to unclog it from inside the camper with water pressure?

Any advice is appreciated!

2015 Zinger 32QB
Shortjac000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 03:57 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Lots of options here, just go to Camping World or some other site and search. I prefer the Flush King to keep my tank clean. A method even cheaper than the "wand," would be a four or five foot section of cut-off hose with only the female hose connection. Consider it disposable, or keep separate from your other hoses. Connect to your garden (not fresh water) hose, and feed it down from the toilet, like a "flexible wand."
Dalzell SC
MartyinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 05:34 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Good, practical and not expensive. Common sense approach good comment.
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
socoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 10:06 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

I have same model. The tank is big but pretty shallow, so you tend to see some water in the bottom of the tank (or at least a wet bottom that you can see when looking down toilet).

There is no pipe from toilet to tank - straight drop in. I bought the spray wand (like $10-15) and use it often. You can "force" the wand to go further in the tank and twist it to spray around inside (have a wipe handy when bringing it back up). Best method for me has been to fill a wash bucket and send a couple "chasers" down thru the toilet when emptying tank.
2014 Zinger 32QB
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 03:11 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Thanks all...I bought one of the spray nozzles you can put down the tank(cheaper than a hose!), ran two full tanks of water through, was satisfied with the result, and put some antifreeze and "smell good" down there. Appreciate the feedback.

On a side note, this is probably the thing that I worry about the most. The dreaded "poop pyramid" as my camper is in a permanent spot and won't move while I own it. I follow others recommendations such as don't flush until at least 3/4 full, put plenty of water, etc. probably similar to some peoples fear of clowns...I digress. Thanks for the input/suggestions!
Old 10-26-2015, 03:12 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Ewbldavis, do you have a 2500 series sierra or 3500 series? Surely you don't pull that with a 1500???
Old 10-26-2015, 03:32 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortjac000 View Post
Ewbldavis, do you have a 2500 series sierra or 3500 series? Surely you don't pull that with a 1500???

I would do the geo method with your tank. Although you won't be able to slosh it around, I'd fill the black tank and add the Geo method items, let it soak overnight, and then drain and flush the tank again. Adding the Geo method instead of good smell stuff will help to avoid the pyramid.

Geo method is listed in our Document section of the forum. I do not use the bleach part of it.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 08:02 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

After we got from the beach this last week, we were still having toilet issues, gurgling back at us after flushing and having trouble closing the black valve.
I had done a deep flush with the San I Tee prior, cleaned vent, used Calgon, mineral oil etc to get the valve to close and felt the issue was resolved.
Nope, so I pulled back the underbelly and manually worked the valve by hand.
To test, I then started to fill the tank with the foot flush and it backed up into the toilet.
Since our drain angles down into the toilet, you can't see if a pyramid is building.
After using a snake and more flushing, I finally got it cleaned out enough o work.
Now off to Camping World to get a new, manual valve to eliminate the cable.
Never fun.

Bob and Better Half

2007 F-250 PSD, SW, CC, LB, 2WD
2006 TF32SS Cross Terrain Toy Hauler (sold)
Reese 16k slider
r2millers is offline   Reply With Quote