Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2012, 05:15 AM   #1
New Camper

Hello Everyone, I need some help. I have a 2012 Zinger 27RL, when I have a hose hooked up to the City Water connection, it will fill my Fresh water tank and overflow it out the fresh water cap. Any ideas of what the problem is? Is there a check valve somewhere?

Lubbock Texas
Lamarswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:34 AM   #2
Site Team

It sounds like the fill valve is your problem. That's located where you hook up for city water. If you look at it you will see where it comes out. Usually 3 screws holding it on, then the nut on the back side where it hooks to the water line. Just go to any RV place and they should have one on hand. I had to replace mine this year.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:26 AM   #3
New Camper

Thanks Old Farmer, I took the panel off where you told me, and I found the 12V pump and lines. I did not see a valve as you described, but I did find 2 small ball valves in the lines. I traced the lines out, and shut the line off from the Fresh water tank to the pump. After seeing the setup, I'm guessing that the water is feeding back thru the pump, is that possible?
Also I found a tee/valve in one line with a short piece of hose just coiled and not attached to anything, what is that for?

Lubbock Texas
Old 10-15-2012, 07:22 AM   #4
Site Team

What I was trying to describe to you is called a "water inlet" That's where you hook the hose to the camper for city water. Shouldn't be any panel to remove to get to that. There is a one way valve within that is suppose to only let the water go one way.
I'm guessing the short hose and and valve is for winterizing. That is what you stick in a jug of anti freeze and it will suck it up and pump it thru the system. The 2 ball valves are probably also for winterizing. By shutting them off, it lets you pump anti freeze thru the lines and not put any in the water heater.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:32 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Old Farmer is right. I believe the checkvalve you are looking for is built into the waterpump
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:26 AM   #6
Seasonal Camper

It is a 2010 - - - Warranty. Let them fix it.

Viet Nam Vet 70-71 Da Nang

Real airplanes have two wings and big, round, engines
BipeFlier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:42 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

On newer units, the check valve is part of the 12v pump. Mine failed about 1 yr ago and did the exact same thing, city water leaked back thru the pump and overflowed the fresh water tank. Had the pump replaced under warranty and no problems since. When I have time, I may add an external check valve rather than depend on the internal valve. Besides I still have the original pump that is still good other than the check valve.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:48 AM   #8
New Camper

Thanks everyone, I came to the same conclusion that the check valve / backflow is in the pump. Long story, but I live in this trailer during the week due to my job and about 120 miles from the nearest RV dealer. So, I guess I'll try to fix it my self.
Second question,,,,,The park where I am staying fills up with RV's in the evening and the water pressure drops to nothing, so I took my pressure regulator off and it seems to help. Would this have anything to do with my current problems?

Lubbock Texas
Old 10-21-2012, 03:49 AM   #9
New Camper

Well, I got the pump changed yesterday and my problem is fixed. Thanks to everyone for the help. The only thing I recommend to everyone is do not go to Camping World with credit card in your pocket. In my case, it was like sending a kid to the candy store.

Lubbock Texas
Old 10-21-2012, 04:57 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

Send a message via AIM to dhasenwinkle
The valve and hose that goes nowhere, is part of the system for Winterizing your unit. It allows you to pump antifreeze through your system.
dhasenwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:06 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamarswan
.Second question,,,,,The park where I am staying fills up with RV's in the evening and the water pressure drops to nothing, so I took my pressure regulator off and it seems to help. Would this have anything to do with my current problems?

The pump could be seeing more pressure than it wants when the park is empty. I would leave the regulator inline...
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
avvidclif is offline   Reply With Quote