Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2018, 05:34 PM   #1
Seasonal Camper

Took the plunge, (tire wise)

Spent a day reading reviews for trailer tires, Good-Year Endurance seemed to be the most respected by others and word of mouth. So since we live in Canada and after visiting the local Goodyear dealer I ordered a set of 4 Endurance. When I went to town I knew Endurance was the only tire I would install, but thought I would check who all sells them so visited the main tire shops. There are some real shysters in the buss that will try there darned to sway your decision and throw there Grandmother into the deal, another I thought must think everyone is just stupid and was ready to grab him by the nose, the last seemed almost to busy to find the load and speed rating for the chinabombs he was trying to sell me and told me balancing trailer tires is a waste of time and money. I asked him so do you just let peoples cupboards vibrate off the walls. No surprise he never had 1 customer at his establishment. Anyways my reason for changing is our trailer bought used last year and 8 years old, with what I expect to still be original's Master Track Romen Touring that still look like new, no cracks etc but can't find on google , I think that is correctly spelled, is just peace of mind. Plus if a tire destroys the trailer, the deductible is $700 the same as the price of the tires. Plus if it destroys the trailer and gets written off does a person want to shell out the cash to get back to where were sitting right now... I think 4 new skins is a safer guarantee of hanging onto the camper for future use and little expense down the road.. Love our trailer, worked hard to get it set up for our every whim, so this should just add some security while driving..
Old 05-31-2018, 05:09 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

I think you will be pleased. Hopefully you ended up with more weight capacity as well as fresh new tires. With tires and tow vehicles, more is always better.