Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2010, 03:03 PM   #1
New Camper

Hello again family forum members............. We are pulling our ST 27 BH (5400 lbs dry) with our 08 Tahoe LTZ ( Vortec 5.3L V8 W/Active Fuel Mgt, Rear Axle - 3.73, P275/55R20 BW Radial Tires, Heavy Duty Trailering, and Autoride Suspension). It is rated to pull 7300 lbs, but after talking to some people they didn't think it was a good idea. Does anyone else tow with a Tahoe or Yukon? and does it do what the factory states it will?

We are brand new to the RV world and we just want to put our minds at ease before we set off for our first trip in our new RV.

Edited by: Alberta or Bust
Old 07-19-2010, 10:31 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Your Tahoe will pull your trailer but I don't think that you'll be happy with the results. You didn't give us much information regarding your Tahoe specs; engine, tires, rear axle etc. If your Tahoe has a Heavy Duty tow package then you should be ok. If not that would be a question mark. Your tranny will have the Tow/Haul feature. Use it everytime you're towing.If your Tahoe came with a 3.42 rear axle, then run with your tranny in T/H and 3rd instead of drive (D). An auxiliary tranny cooler is must if you don't have one. Regardless, your fuel mileage will suck.Expect about 10 mpg.

These are few things that you need to think about. I'm sure that others who pull TT's will have additional comments.
2006 Cruiser CF30SK
Hamops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:49 AM   #3
New Camper

Thanx for the info, I updated thepost with all the info needed.

Cheers
Old 07-20-2010, 12:47 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Your Tahoe should do just fine. I pulled a 29 foot Sprinter TT with a GMC Sierra 1500 with the same engine and rearend as yours and never had any problems going anywhere I wanted. The Sprinter weighed 6800 empty. Gas mileage won't be great, but that is one of the costs of RVing.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:04 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

we pull our ST27RB with a 2007 Yukon XL . it pulls it fiine . our towing capacity is only 7000lbs.it has the same engine ,trans, and rear . don't be afraid to push it. that engine is made to work . i can do 65mph at 1900 rpms t/h mode in overdrive . flat land i average about 11mpg . thi s past weekend 10 , however pulling in the hills of Pa. i like mine . just wish it had a stiffer suspension . i have the coil springs which gives it a soft rice solo , but squats when towing even with the wdh
2013 Ram 2500 HD Hemi
Pullrite super glide
accordionman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:21 PM   #6
New Camper

Thank you dalemac377 and accorionman for putting our minds at ease, we liked hearing from people with similar veh to ours. I hope you both enjoy the summer.