Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2011, 04:38 AM   #1
Site Team

You guys that are using a TPMS, how much increase in tire "pressure" have you noticed from where you initially set it, till it is warmed up after being on the road for awhile?

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:46 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Usually less than 10 psi. What I have noticed the running pressure is usually the same even if the ambient is not the same. Also found all like tires run the same pressure even if one side is in the sun. Ambient is a big factor when tires are not running. That is ones in the sun are higher. But after on the road for 20 miles or so then ambient does not have much of a factor in final pressure. I watch for pressure difference between like tires.
rcflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:33 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I usually see pressures go from 80 psi when we leave to 85 to 88 psi once we are

on the road for a while depending on ambiant air temps. I usually see the tire temps rise to 15* to 20* above ambiant temps after bening on the road for a while. As rcflyer said, I watch for pressure differences between like tires.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:54 AM   #4
hhh
Seasonal Camper

I set my high pressure 20% higher and 10% lower then the starting pressure. What I have found is that when leaving for the winter where it can be at freezing, when I travel a few 100 miles south the pressures can raise 15% or more from my starting pressure due to the warmer temperatures.But then I'm less worried about high pressures then I am too low a pressure.

'11 CF285RL Patriot - '08 GMC 3500HD D/A CC LB Dually - Yamaha Zuma 125

tgif: let's RV
hhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:00 AM   #5
Site Team

I guess that all compares pretty much with ours shows.
Thanks

hhh, what brand of TPMS are you using?

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:50 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Ditto the others as well but I find both the outside and road temps can raise the pressure. I have the pressure pro system as in 06 it was the only thing on the market. I like what those are saying about the units where you can replace the batteries in the sending units. I have had my system for almost 5 years and only using the sensors when towing they are still working good. However, some day I will have to replace them.

Best thing is don't care what system you have I think it is well worth the money in the peace of mind department.