Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2013, 01:44 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

TV Output/Input Cable Madness

I have a new '13 Elevation 3612, and being completely new to RVing, allowed myself to be rushed through an already pathetic "walk-through," and am now suffering the consequences of my own ignorance. I've managed to figure several things out with the help of this forum and others, but this one's got me stumped.

I'm trying to get a cable signal while in an RV park, and can't get a signal of any sort. There're 3 outputs in the cabinet behind the TV, and four that could be the correct remote-selected input on the TV. None of the random combinations I've tried have resulted in anything, and the Owner's Manual strikes me as one written for a different TV.

I understand there're a million different TVs and cable/antenna combinations out there, and that this may well be a long-shot because of that, but y'all are the only chance I've got. Either I find an answer here, or I give up using cable altogether...or I just burn the whole thing down and start over, being sure to get a proper demonstration during the next walk-through.

Thank you all, and Happy Turkey Day..
Old 11-28-2013, 02:58 PM   #2
Site Team

Have you changed the tv setup to cable or antenna, what ever one you are using???
Try menu or settings on you tv remote to set it.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 05:40 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w View Post
Have you changed the tv setup to cable or antenna, what ever one you are using???
Try menu or settings on you tv remote to set it.
The two options it lists in the manual are "Air" and "Cable." I finally found that part of the menu, and it's set on Air, but won't allow me to change it to Cable. I re-tried all the connection combinations, in hopes that when a cable signal was detected, that option would become available. No such luck.
Old 11-28-2013, 06:56 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

On all the TV's that I have had I was able to switch between air and cable at any time. It shouldn't matter what the TV is connected to. However if it is set wrong no stations will be picked up. The TV should be set for cable. My RV has outside connections for cable and satellite and the same on the inside. Make sure the antenna booster is off when connected to cable.
2009 F-150XLT
Russb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 06:47 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ-Carol View Post
On all the TV's that I have had I was able to switch between air and cable at any time. It shouldn't matter what the TV is connected to. However if it is set wrong no stations will be picked up. The TV should be set for cable. My RV has outside connections for cable and satellite and the same on the inside. Make sure the antenna booster is off when connected to cable.
Ugh, you guys were right, it was all operator error. I still maintain that a decent set of instructions should've been included, but after some more fiddling, I've now got 26 channels.

Thanks.
Old 11-29-2013, 09:36 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Congratulations, Meathead, on your Elevation and on resolving your RV issues. Just goes to show that this forum is a great resource for all of us. I could not agree more on the PDI being more thorough. Another poster, Anaro, suggested that we video the PDI and I will definitely do that when we trade.
2013 Zinger 30KB - Sold
CrossroadsRV Rally 2013 & 2014 - Northeast Crossroads Rally 2014 - Mason-Dixon Rally 2014
BODERRVING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

PDI's can always be more thorough. Glad you got it figured out!

Now...you bought a toy hauler...why are you fiddling with the TV?
2014 Zinger 32QB
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote