Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2014, 12:06 AM   #1
New Camper

underbelly split

Hi There not sure if this as every happen to anyone on here before. When I open up my 2013 zinger 30kb this spring I notice my underbelly split all over, but the biggest split was under the water tank. When I got up under her I notice the tank was sagging alot and when I tried to drain out the antifreeze from the drain plug nothing came out. I pushed up the water tank and antifreeze the came out off the drain plug. What happen and now that my dealershop as went bankrupt how do I tape up all the rips in the underbelly material.
crazynewf115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 04:08 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Contact Customer Service directly and send them pix. If your not to far out of warranty, they might help you out.

You have so pix you could post for us?

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:36 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Black Gorilla tape works well, or black duct tape (good quality) to repair the underside cover. I have had to open it up on ours before and I just use this to repair it. May not last forever if you drive through a lot of rain or wet roads, but it is easy to fix again.
Saskatoon, SK
WildWildWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:41 AM   #4
Site Team

I would vote for the black gorilla tape. I opened ours up awhile back and was able to get the original tape from my dealer that is used at the factory and dealerships. If you could get that it would be better.
Either one will do an excellent job provided you clean it up good before taping. Wipe it down with rubbing alcohol.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:58 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynewf115 View Post
Hi There not sure if this as every happen to anyone on here before. When I open up my 2013 zinger 30kb this spring I notice my underbelly split all over, but the biggest split was under the water tank. When I got up under her I notice the tank was sagging alot and when I tried to drain out the antifreeze from the drain plug nothing came out. I pushed up the water tank and antifreeze the came out off the drain plug. What happen and now that my dealershop as went bankrupt how do I tape up all the rips in the underbelly material.
You probably need to check the strapping on the water tank first before attempting to fix the underbelly. This is a problem fairly common in the industry among mid and lower end brands. Not sure how the tank is secured on late model CR products, but the fact that you could move the tank is a good indication something is not right. Regarding rips in the underbelly, probably your very cold winter weather caused the fabric to shrink very tight and any pressure point then caused it to split. Gorilla tape is a good choice for the repair, just make sure the fabric is very clean and dry before applying the tape. Then seal the edges of the tape with silicone caulk to keep it from peeling back while driving down the road.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:10 AM   #6
Site Team

If you are not under warranty, and want it replace the underbelly yourself, here is a website that sells it. http://www.factoryrvsurplus.com/prod...roduct_id=2212
I'm sure there are other sites also that sell it.
YOu must resolve the tank issue first.

Even though Gorilla tape is great, IMHO, I would replace the the whole sheet with new.

Good luck.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 04:54 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w View Post
If you are not under warranty, and want it replace the underbelly yourself, here is a website that sells it. http://www.factoryrvsurplus.com/prod...roduct_id=2212
I'm sure there are other sites also that sell it.
YOu must resolve the tank issue first.

Even though Gorilla tape is great, IMHO, I would replace the the whole sheet with new.

Good luck.
Great link Mark,

Change my vote to call customer service and shake their trees, if you come up Yatzee there, replace. For 4 bucks a foot, solve the problem permanently. Remove to it to determine root cause (fix it) and install the new one. For roughly $150 bucks,once and done. I always look at warranty repairs weighed against my time and travel (gas) costs>

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:05 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMark View Post
Great link Mark,

Change my vote to call customer service and shake their trees, if you come up Yatzee there, replace. For 4 bucks a foot, solve the problem permanently. Remove to it to determine root cause (fix it) and install the new one. For roughly $150 bucks,once and done. I always look at warranty repairs weighed against my time and travel (gas) costs>
The link that mark5w listed, states that they do not ship. If that is the case, then driving to their store in Elkhart is an extra cost. However, any good plastic supply house will stock 4x8 ft sheets of Coroplast, 4mm white is used for outdoor signage. With 'H' trim this stuff will do the same thing and is easier to install by a single person. Plus individual sections can be removed as needed. I used 8mm on my last trailer to minimize sag. I reused the factory aluminum strips to attach it to the I-beams, but needed longer metal lag screws.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:21 AM   #9
Site Team

Dayle1
Your misread the info. They do ship here in USA. Here it is from their website.

Quote:
UNFORTUNATELY- WE DO NOT SHIP OVER SEA'S

Orders shipped thru UPS and Truck Freight can be tracked, just call or email us for that information. All orders are processed the next business day, Our shipping Dept is not open on the weekends. Please allow up to 10 business days for your order to be shipped. All shipping, Billing and Pricing errors must be reported within 7 days of receipt of product. Shipping fees are non-refundable. Customer is responsible for all freight charges for unaccepted or refused delivery of shipments. Refused shipments may incur a 20% restocking fee plus shipping cost. Freight shortages or damage claims must be made directly to freight company, not to us.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote