Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2019, 04:06 PM   #21
Weekend Camper

Those of you thinking about new tires and wheels should consider Boar Wheel - Buy Heavy-Duty Trailer Wheels Online Check them out using your desk/laptop as the mobile interface is not as robust and easy to navigate. I upgraded and am so happy with not only the product but the awesome service and free shipping. Everything fit just as claimed too. Tires are no longer a concern ... and they look great!!
NEVER2LATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 07:02 PM   #22
Weekend Camper

Did you put nitrogen in them? I think it is a probably a good idea if the dealers / factory goes to that expense. Just curious
Thanks
Tom
Tom Amass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 08:09 PM   #23
Weekend Camper

No, just regular air from my Viair. I may try nitrogen in the future.
NEVER2LATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 09:39 AM   #24
Weekend Camper

Endurance Tires

I just bought 4 of them already mounted on Rims from Overton. They had a 30% off sale and they were about $500 delivered to the door. They are 235 75 R16 E rated tires.....I loved em!
Old 06-25-2019, 05:53 AM   #25
Seasonal Camper

I honestly think nitrogen is mostly gimmick. True, nitrogen does not interact with rubber like oxygen but free air is mostly nitrogen to start with. It may have some small benefit but I personally wouldn't pay extra for it. When I've gotten a vehicle with nitrogen I just add regular air and don't notice the difference except in my wallet. Do some heavy googling and make an informed decision of your own.
Old 06-25-2019, 05:13 PM   #26
Weekend Camper

R

Storm Seeker
Thanks so much for your reply, good points mentioned. I have always been of the belief though that manufactures don’t put any extras on a unit they don’t think has some value as it drives the initial cost up in a competition market.
Do you think it is just a sales tool of value to them. Don’t most of not all of manufacturers ship them with nitrogen. I would love your thoughts on this.
Thanks
Tom
Old 06-25-2019, 05:59 PM   #27
Site Team

I believe it's a waste of money.

Here's a good answer from Scientific America.:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...el-efficiency/

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 07:30 PM   #28
Seasonal Camper

I believe they got a good deal on green valve stem caps lol.
660catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 05:43 AM   #29
Seasonal Camper

I did quitee a bit of online research and found the consensus to be that it was not a great benefit, if any at all. (No one's ever wrong on the internet, of course.) I think it's a gimmick to get you to bring your car or RV back so they can sell you some more "air" and hopefully something else. Also, it sounds scientific and cool and maybe upscale. Remember when you just HAD to have a particular item of clothing in school?

This is the analog version of vaporware, lol. If they insist on giving it to you, all you can do is take it but I see absolutely no reason to continue to play the game. You've still got the cool green cap on your valve stem!
Old 06-26-2019, 06:30 PM   #30
Weekend Camper

Thanks, regardless of the condescending sarcasm, you make good points, thanks for the education !
Tom
Old 06-27-2019, 05:41 AM   #31
Seasonal Camper

Sorry, I intended to be amusing as well as informing. You can't win 'um all! Glad to help
Old 06-27-2019, 07:22 AM   #32
Full Time Camper

My tire guy says nitrogen filled tires is a waste of money. And some will even put air in and charge you for nitrogen.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 11:31 AM   #33
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa-T View Post
My tire guy says nitrogen filled tires is a waste of money. And some will even put air in and charge you for nitrogen.

I can't believe a service garage would do something like that. Just to make a profit?

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 03:42 PM   #34
Site Team

Mark when I got out of high school I worked for a "shop" that would take off radiator hoses clean them where they looked new then Armor All them then charge the customer for "new hoses". I was fired for tearing up too many old hoses so they could not be reused. So nothing surprises me any more.
dagst1 is online now   Reply With Quote