Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2011, 11:46 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

The rains has started out here in the far pacific northwest and all the outside storage doors have a noticable outward curve thepropane and battery doors out over 3/8 of an inch,the storage doors not as much but noticable.Anyone have this problem and how did you cure it, they were ok until the rains hit, inside storage not a option

Forks Wa.

1997 Chev 3500

2007 Cruiser 30SK

2 old well traveled cats

1982 Chev Elcamino

1975 Harley Davidson XLH
Lstreutker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:30 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

I don't remember hearing about this issue before. I have the same model/yr and have not seen this problem. It might be that water got into the door somehow.You could try removing the door and somehow reforming it back into shape but I would imagine that will be difficult to get it "just right". You may have to replace the doors.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:29 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

The doors that arethe worst are the ones that outside air can get to the inside, propane and batteries, this is our 4th 5th wheel in 20 years never have had the problem before, the inside is the same thickness overall, if there was water intrusion they would be thicker from the inside material swelling. does anyone know what is the material is inside the lamination?

Forks Wa.

1997 Chev 3500

2007 Cruiser 30SK

2 old well traveled cats

1982 Chev Elcamino

1975 Harley Davidson XLH
Lstreutker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:04 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Have you changed a propane tank lately? Some times when I change out a tank ,when I put the other one in I don't get the bottle pushed back far enough and sense the door is thin, when I close it the door will get pushed out some and I have to repostion the tank tiedown system.I think my doors all have styofoam between the fiberglss outside and I think alum. on the inside, so there shouldn't be much to get weather warped. Might get some new seal tape to keep the water out or I know the doors can be replaced if you thought they were that bad looking.I called CR once about why my compt. doors weren't gel coat like the camper sides and they said the doors came from a supplier and none were gel coat.That was in 09 so things can change and doors may be build with something else today or before my Cruiser time.If they were bad enough to want to do something to, maybe use some alum.angle or tubing to reenforce the inside of the door wouldn't look to bad fastened at the edge with revits that matched the ones already used for the hinges. Good luck

2009 Cruiser 29RK
FB1965 is offline   Reply With Quote