Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-22-2015, 10:22 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Virginia
Posts: 207
Warranty Work at CR Factory

Someone posted the following on the CR Owners Facebook site.....


"We have a 2015 Cruiser 5th wheel and the TV went quit working. Called CrossRoads and they said they are no longer doing warranty work. This is our 2nd CrossRoads RV and the main reason we went with another CrossRoads unit was because of the reputation of Randy and his crew. We were told they are no longer doing warranty work and we have to go to a dealer. The only warranty work they will do is if a dealer can't fix something major. We are really disappointed."

Has anyone here heard this???
__________________
Jerry



2014 Elevation 3616 5er
2015 F350 6.7L Diesel 4X4 - long bed, dually
Jerry Pinkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 10:49 AM   #2
Site Team
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI.
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Pinkard View Post
Someone posted the following on the CR Owners Facebook site.....


"We have a 2015 Cruiser 5th wheel and the TV went quit working. Called CrossRoads and they said they are no longer doing warranty work. This is our 2nd CrossRoads RV and the main reason we went with another CrossRoads unit was because of the reputation of Randy and his crew. We were told they are no longer doing warranty work and we have to go to a dealer. The only warranty work they will do is if a dealer can't fix something major. We are really disappointed."

Has anyone here heard this???
I just spoke with Rod at CR customer warranty. He said that is correct.
They/you have to go to a dealer for warranty work and if there is something a the dealer can't do or just isn't set up or able to handle certain issues then the factory service dept. comes into play.

Sounded logical to me the way he explained it.

A dealer should be able to handle a TV not working. I can see where the factory could get swamped in a hurry if they took on everything that came up, without people trying the dealer first.
__________________
2008 Cruiser CF26RK
2013 Ford Eco-Boost
Heavy duty payload - Max tow
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 12:16 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Virginia
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
I just spoke with Rod at CR customer warranty. He said that is correct.
They/you have to go to a dealer for warranty work and if there is something a the dealer can't do or just isn't set up or able to handle certain issues then the factory service dept. comes into play.

Sounded logical to me the way he explained it.

A dealer should be able to handle a TV not working. I can see where the factory could get swamped in a hurry if they took on everything that came up, without people trying the dealer first.
Yeah, I'm not worried about "the TV quit working". But how do you define a major issue, and be assured that the dealer wil do everything they can. I can see where this might lead to having to move from dealer to dealer to get things fixed. Is the slide not going in or out a major issue, or will a dealer attempt it, since it could be so many causes to the issue..just saying. I haven't had an issue of any consequence yet, so doesn't currently affect me. I think customer warranty calls may be the only feedback CR gets wrt quality..

But, I also think the dealer (a dealer) should be the first stop for warranty work.
__________________
Jerry



2014 Elevation 3616 5er
2015 F350 6.7L Diesel 4X4 - long bed, dually
Jerry Pinkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:11 PM   #4
Full Time Camper
 
Loneoak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Winchester, ON
Posts: 1,177
We have had warranty work done at dealerships and at the factory and so far the dealerships have not been very good at it. They don't appear to be qualified, and getting parts is an issue. The wrong parts come in, and your rig can spend a lot of time at the dealership. The factory has always done great work for us and they don't have to order parts. It's too bad, because the factory service center is the gold standard in RV repair as far as we are concerned.
__________________

2012 Cruiser Sahara 330SS
2015 F250 Super Duty diesel
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:57 PM   #5
Gone Traveling
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 197
I suspect that the reason warranty work at the factory was so comforting is because so many dealers are incompetent and down right dishonest. This was a bad move on Crossroad's part. I would advocate for them to expand the factory concept to regional factory owned service centers due to the incompetence of the dealers in the RV industry across the board.

Also, didn't Crossroads just complete construction of a service facility in Elkhart IN? This all seems very strange. Angie Cox who was most helpful to many of us mysteriously disappears and then factory service goes away? Seems Andy Cripe is taking the company in exactly the wrong direction.
Chateau Duke To Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 05:20 PM   #6
Full Time Camper
 
Loneoak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Winchester, ON
Posts: 1,177
We have been to the new facility and it is very nice. You are right, John, so many dealers are incompetent when it comes to RV repair.

Our Cruiser was at the dealer for five weeks last fall because water got into the slide. They replaced the bed, but then the slide wouldn't work properly (would not go all the way in) and they threw up their hands! We were about to head to Florida for the winter so we got an appointment at the factory service and detoured to Indiana on the way to Florida. They had to tear the whole slide apart and the unit was in for two days. They job they did was top notch.
__________________

2012 Cruiser Sahara 330SS
2015 F250 Super Duty diesel
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 06:22 PM   #7
Full Time Camper
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mn
Posts: 545
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau Duke To Go View Post
I suspect that the reason warranty work at the factory was so comforting is because so many dealers are incompetent and down right dishonest. This was a bad move on Crossroad's part. I would advocate for them to expand the factory concept to regional factory owned service centers due to the incompetence of the dealers in the RV industry across the board.

Also, didn't Crossroads just complete construction of a service facility in Elkhart IN? This all seems very strange. Angie Cox who was most helpful to many of us mysteriously disappears and then factory service goes away? Seems Andy Cripe is taking the company in exactly the wrong direction.
It to bad it seams to rule and not the exception on the custermer service and quauty of the work. I was lucky and found a great RV service company in Owatonna Mn. Better to get it fix right the first time and faster.
__________________
Lee & Jane and Black Lab Zoey
2008 Ford F250 CC Lariat 6.8L
2011 Crossroads Cruiser 31RK
Faribault MN
LeBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 06:31 PM   #8
Family Vacation Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneoak View Post
We have been to the new facility and it is very nice. You are right, John, so many dealers are incompetent when it comes to RV repair.

Our Cruiser was at the dealer for five weeks last fall because water got into the slide. They replaced the bed, but then the slide wouldn't work properly (would not go all the way in) and they threw up their hands! We were about to head to Florida for the winter so we got an appointment at the factory service and detoured to Indiana on the way to Florida. They had to tear the whole slide apart and the unit was in for two days. They job they did was top notch.

Yes, Randy & his crew do wonders.
Factory service center is only thing making CrossRoads RV viable.
Building / assembly crews need training[re-training] & held accountabe. Just pushing units(junk) out the door is killing them & may be their death. THOR does NOT care, thor'll re-label units & keep "on truckin."
__________________
Sunset Trail SF32RL
2nd Misstress
Alchemistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 07:08 AM   #9
Full Time Camper
 
OhioMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: United states of america
Posts: 1,540
That is truly a shame. I don't have confidence in my local dealer changing a light bulb, and that would probably have a three week lead time.

The direct servicing from Crossroads is the main reason we kept our trailer after all the warranty work for QC issues we had. We bought an extended warranty with the trailer but common sense is telling me if we have problems again this could go into a downward spiral fast.

The warranty work was over 30 hours plus parts/supplies. A dealer would of raked us over the coals if it was out of warranty.


Love the layout, look, and amenities of the CR ST's. This is the best looking and value-for-your-money trailer on the ultra lite market right now.

It's the slides I'm really worried about now. The front cap work was most of the hours, but the slide was also taking in water when we got to the factory. They said it was a design flaw.

I hit the roof with lap sealant at the first signs of cracking, so she's going to be water-tight on my watch.
__________________

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 05:48 PM   #10
Gone Traveling
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 197
Perhaps one of the Admins who have contacts at CR can reach out to them and get some indication as to why. I suspect CR is bowing down to their dealers as opposed to being loyal to their customers.
Chateau Duke To Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Crossroads RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.