Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2015, 10:22 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Warranty Work at CR Factory

Someone posted the following on the CR Owners Facebook site.....

"We have a 2015 Cruiser 5th wheel and the TV went quit working. Called CrossRoads and they said they are no longer doing warranty work. This is our 2nd CrossRoads RV and the main reason we went with another CrossRoads unit was because of the reputation of Randy and his crew. We were told they are no longer doing warranty work and we have to go to a dealer. The only warranty work they will do is if a dealer can't fix something major. We are really disappointed."

Has anyone here heard this???

2014 Elevation 3616 5er
2015 F350 6.7L Diesel 4X4 - long bed, dually
Jerry Pinkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 10:49 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Pinkard View Post
Someone posted the following on the CR Owners Facebook site.....

"We have a 2015 Cruiser 5th wheel and the TV went quit working. Called CrossRoads and they said they are no longer doing warranty work. This is our 2nd CrossRoads RV and the main reason we went with another CrossRoads unit was because of the reputation of Randy and his crew. We were told they are no longer doing warranty work and we have to go to a dealer. The only warranty work they will do is if a dealer can't fix something major. We are really disappointed."

Has anyone here heard this???
I just spoke with Rod at CR customer warranty. He said that is correct.
They/you have to go to a dealer for warranty work and if there is something a the dealer can't do or just isn't set up or able to handle certain issues then the factory service dept. comes into play.

Sounded logical to me the way he explained it.

A dealer should be able to handle a TV not working. I can see where the factory could get swamped in a hurry if they took on everything that came up, without people trying the dealer first.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 12:16 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
I just spoke with Rod at CR customer warranty. He said that is correct.
They/you have to go to a dealer for warranty work and if there is something a the dealer can't do or just isn't set up or able to handle certain issues then the factory service dept. comes into play.

Sounded logical to me the way he explained it.

A dealer should be able to handle a TV not working. I can see where the factory could get swamped in a hurry if they took on everything that came up, without people trying the dealer first.
Yeah, I'm not worried about "the TV quit working". But how do you define a major issue, and be assured that the dealer wil do everything they can. I can see where this might lead to having to move from dealer to dealer to get things fixed. Is the slide not going in or out a major issue, or will a dealer attempt it, since it could be so many causes to the issue..just saying. I haven't had an issue of any consequence yet, so doesn't currently affect me. I think customer warranty calls may be the only feedback CR gets wrt quality..

But, I also think the dealer (a dealer) should be the first stop for warranty work.

2014 Elevation 3616 5er
2015 F350 6.7L Diesel 4X4 - long bed, dually
Jerry Pinkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:11 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

We have had warranty work done at dealerships and at the factory and so far the dealerships have not been very good at it. They don't appear to be qualified, and getting parts is an issue. The wrong parts come in, and your rig can spend a lot of time at the dealership. The factory has always done great work for us and they don't have to order parts. It's too bad, because the factory service center is the gold standard in RV repair as far as we are concerned.

2012 Cruiser Sahara 330SS
2015 F250 Super Duty diesel
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:57 PM   #5
Gone Traveling

I suspect that the reason warranty work at the factory was so comforting is because so many dealers are incompetent and down right dishonest. This was a bad move on Crossroad's part. I would advocate for them to expand the factory concept to regional factory owned service centers due to the incompetence of the dealers in the RV industry across the board.

Also, didn't Crossroads just complete construction of a service facility in Elkhart IN? This all seems very strange. Angie Cox who was most helpful to many of us mysteriously disappears and then factory service goes away? Seems Andy Cripe is taking the company in exactly the wrong direction.
Chateau Duke To Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 05:20 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

We have been to the new facility and it is very nice. You are right, John, so many dealers are incompetent when it comes to RV repair.

Our Cruiser was at the dealer for five weeks last fall because water got into the slide. They replaced the bed, but then the slide wouldn't work properly (would not go all the way in) and they threw up their hands! We were about to head to Florida for the winter so we got an appointment at the factory service and detoured to Indiana on the way to Florida. They had to tear the whole slide apart and the unit was in for two days. They job they did was top notch.

Old 04-22-2015, 06:22 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau Duke To Go View Post
I suspect that the reason warranty work at the factory was so comforting is because so many dealers are incompetent and down right dishonest. This was a bad move on Crossroad's part. I would advocate for them to expand the factory concept to regional factory owned service centers due to the incompetence of the dealers in the RV industry across the board.

Also, didn't Crossroads just complete construction of a service facility in Elkhart IN? This all seems very strange. Angie Cox who was most helpful to many of us mysteriously disappears and then factory service goes away? Seems Andy Cripe is taking the company in exactly the wrong direction.
It to bad it seams to rule and not the exception on the custermer service and quauty of the work. I was lucky and found a great RV service company in Owatonna Mn. Better to get it fix right the first time and faster.
Faribault MN
LeBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 06:31 PM   #8
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneoak View Post
We have been to the new facility and it is very nice. You are right, John, so many dealers are incompetent when it comes to RV repair.

Our Cruiser was at the dealer for five weeks last fall because water got into the slide. They replaced the bed, but then the slide wouldn't work properly (would not go all the way in) and they threw up their hands! We were about to head to Florida for the winter so we got an appointment at the factory service and detoured to Indiana on the way to Florida. They had to tear the whole slide apart and the unit was in for two days. They job they did was top notch.

Yes, Randy & his crew do wonders.
Factory service center is only thing making CrossRoads RV viable.
Building / assembly crews need training[re-training] & held accountabe. Just pushing units(junk) out the door is killing them & may be their death. THOR does NOT care, thor'll re-label units & keep "on truckin."
Old 04-23-2015, 07:08 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

That is truly a shame. I don't have confidence in my local dealer changing a light bulb, and that would probably have a three week lead time.

The direct servicing from Crossroads is the main reason we kept our trailer after all the warranty work for QC issues we had. We bought an extended warranty with the trailer but common sense is telling me if we have problems again this could go into a downward spiral fast.

The warranty work was over 30 hours plus parts/supplies. A dealer would of raked us over the coals if it was out of warranty.

Love the layout, look, and amenities of the CR ST's. This is the best looking and value-for-your-money trailer on the ultra lite market right now.

It's the slides I'm really worried about now. The front cap work was most of the hours, but the slide was also taking in water when we got to the factory. They said it was a design flaw.

I hit the roof with lap sealant at the first signs of cracking, so she's going to be water-tight on my watch.

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 05:48 PM   #10
Gone Traveling

Perhaps one of the Admins who have contacts at CR can reach out to them and get some indication as to why. I suspect CR is bowing down to their dealers as opposed to being loyal to their customers.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:41 AM   #11
Crossroads Owners Liaison

Factory Warranty Work

Hi Everyone!! This is Kathy with Crossroads. After seeing your posts I spoke with Andy Cripe to see what, if any, changes may have been made to our stance regarding warranty work. According to Andy, there has been no change in our stance regarding warranty work at the factory. We make the effort to employ our dealer partners to handle warranty work and service, it is a model that is common in the industry and in other industries such as auto and marine. If the work needs to be done at the factory we will make that determination on a case by case basis, this is how we have always done it, not really sure what all the noise is about in terms of our "change". I am sure there are times when a customer disagrees and feels the work needs to be done at the factory and not the dealership, these differences of opinion are not new and they do not constitute a change in our position or philosophy.
Fuller22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 06:48 AM   #12
Site Team

Hi Kathy.
Thanks for the clarification.
All tho it is different from what Rod told me when I spoke with him on the phone about this matter.
It's to bad that words can be misinterpreted in there meaning from one person to another.
I'm sure everyone will be pleased to see your update on this.
Old 04-29-2015, 08:30 AM   #13
Family Vacation Member

?Troll??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuller22 View Post
Hi Everyone!! This is Kathy with Crossroads. After seeing your posts I spoke with Andy Cripe to see what, if any, changes may have been made to our stance regarding warranty work. According to Andy, there has been no change in our stance regarding warranty work at the factory. We make the effort to employ our dealer partners to handle warranty work and service, it is a model that is common in the industry and in other industries such as auto and marine. If the work needs to be done at the factory we will make that determination on a case by case basis, this is how we have always done it, not really sure what all the noise is about in terms of our "change". I am sure there are times when a customer disagrees and feels the work needs to be done at the factory and not the dealership, these differences of opinion are not new and they do not constitute a change in our position or philosophy.

Kathy; WHO!??
Kathy; Full Name
Kathy; Tittle at D S Corp / dba CrossRoads RV , position
Kathy; Phone #s & Extention#
Kathy; Direct E-Mail address
Kathy; WHO!? An other TROLL??
All these persons claiming to be someone on internet w/ no documation.
Old 04-29-2015, 08:34 AM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemistic View Post
Kathy; WHO!??
Kathy; Full Name
Kathy; Tittle at D S Corp / dba CrossRoads RV , position
Kathy; Phone #s & Extention#
Kathy; Direct E-Mail address
Kathy; WHO!? An other TROLL??
All these persons claiming to be someone on internet w/ no documation.
A little searching on your part could have answered most of these questions.
http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...site-9207.html
Old 04-29-2015, 08:36 AM   #15
Full Time Camper

Kathy posted earlier in the year the following:

"CrossRoads Web Site
Hi Everyone,

I'm working on updating the CrossRoads Web site and would love your help. I would like to have a page for someone who has just purchased their CrossRoads unit and is getting ready to pick it up from the dealership. We want to make sure they are getting a good walk through with their new unit. They might be new to camping or new to the CrossRoads family and might not know what to ask or look for on their unit. We would like to put together a list of items for them to print and take to the dealership and make sure they are getting the information they need and all their questions answered.
This is where I need your help. What should be on that list? What would have helped you as a first time buyer?
You can either reply here or send me an email at kfuller@crossroadsrv.com

Thank you in advance for all your help!!"

Doesn't sound like a troll to me! This is the link that Lloyd is referring to.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:50 AM   #16
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
A little searching on your part could have answered most of these questions.
http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...site-9207.html

W/O Ms. Fuller adding her own Corp ID/tag E-Mail has no legal value
Old 04-29-2015, 02:27 PM   #17
Family Vacation Member

I met Kathy at the rally a few years ago. Very helpfull and gave me her business card if I had any further questions. She is not a "troll".
Old 04-29-2015, 07:29 PM   #18
Gone Traveling

All, From other interactions, I can safely believe Kathy is who she says she is.

Kathy, thank you for posting some clarification. I hope you will stay engaged on the forum and be able to provide information from time to time from Crossroads perspective. Similarly, I think you will be able to gather information and market intelligence from time to time that will allow you to provide valuable feedback to Mr Cripe and his management team.
Old 04-29-2015, 08:09 PM   #19
Full Time Camper

Thanks for sorting this out.
Faribault MN
LeBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:14 PM   #20
Weekend Camper

FYI

I E-mailed cross roads today with a question about our on order 2016 Rezerve and guess what, I did get a reply.

I'm posting this for people like myself who have read so many negative comments on this website that they wonder if the purchase of a Cross Roads product was a good decision.
allenr is offline   Reply With Quote