Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2017, 09:09 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Waste master sewer system anyone?

Has anyone been using the waste master sewer pipe system? I've been looking at Rhino, Titan and the waste master. I really like how the waste master looks on paper (computer screen lol). I was looking for a smooth sided pipe system because it seemed to me that the usual systems would allow "gunk" to build up in the seams where the pipe collapses. The Waste master has the collapsing part on the outside of the tube with a smoother interior. Makes sense to me but ... I'm a big ZERO on experience. I don't pick up my 5th wheel till Thursday and I would like this installed unless someone tells me it is a boneheaded idea and why.

Thanks, signed Boneheaded Beginner

2017 CAF28SE
2018 GMC 3500 with 6.7 Diesel w/ Allison Transmission
Demco Auto Slider hitch
farsidefan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 09:56 PM   #2
Gone Traveling

Have friends that have the waste master & their biggest complaint is storing it with the valve & large ends.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 11:00 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

That seems to be a challenge. The big head won't store in a tube.There is a new 28 footer that has some sort of storage compartment. They claim it collapses 1/4 so a 28 footer stores in 7 feet. I'm still looking into it.

I might start with a Rhino system for a while then if I can see some in person I'll consider switching.

How do your friends store theirs?

2017 CAF28SE
Demco Auto Slider hitch
Old 05-09-2017, 05:47 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

I have this system on our SOB ( River Stone Legacy ) it came standard with the storage box, without the storage box I guess you would have to store it in a tote to make it easy. I like the fact it is attached, less handling and does store nicely in the box, extends fine but it is a little work compacting back to fit, always seems to clean out well when back flushed with tank washout followed by gray water.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 07:46 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

I have the wastemaster system and really like it. I installed 2 boxes for it as I have 2 20ft sections.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160820_161631.jpg (287.6 KB, 9 views)
Old 05-09-2017, 09:41 AM   #6
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by farsidefan1 View Post
That seems to be a challenge. The big head won't store in a tube.There is a new 28 footer that has some sort of storage compartment. They claim it collapses 1/4 so a 28 footer stores in 7 feet. I'm still looking into it.

I might start with a Rhino system for a while then if I can see some in person I'll consider switching.

How do your friends store theirs?
Usually in a container in the truck bed.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:44 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
I have this system on our SOB ( River Stone Legacy ) it came standard with the storage box, without the storage box I guess you would have to store it in a tote to make it easy. I like the fact it is attached, less handling and does store nicely in the box, extends fine but it is a little work compacting back to fit, always seems to clean out well when back flushed with tank washout followed by gray water.
Is your unit with the box permanently attached to your RV or do you take it off after use and store it in the box?

Thanks, I'm just trying to visualize your setup.

2017 CAF28SE
Demco Auto Slider hitch
Old 05-09-2017, 11:08 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

No it's not permanent. I bought extra connectors so it attaches with the twist lock, like regular hose
Old 05-09-2017, 12:43 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by farsidefan1 View Post
Is your unit with the box permanently attached to your RV or do you take it off after use and store it in the box?

Thanks, I'm just trying to visualize your setup.
Yes mine is permanent, the side of the box had a hole cut where the pipe outlet attaches to the sewer hose then just open the door and pull out the hose to connect to the campground sewer outlet
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote