Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2013, 09:59 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

I think I learned something tonight. I only have the slide open just enough to get through to the end of the camper, since it is in the driveway and we have to be able to get the cars past. It has been raining for a bit tonight, and when I went out to load something in the fridge, I noticed water near the front edge of the slide. Appears that if the slide is not fully open, there is not a good seal against rain. This may be problematic later this year as I will be camping in a very narrow site in Texas (the one I have been using for years), and I'm not sure I will be able to fully open the slide. My question is, will having an awning installed over the slide help with this? And does anyone know about how much that might cost?
2017 - 500 miles, 9 nights
2016 - 3005 miles, 34 nights
2014, 14, 15 - 11,614 miles, 125 nights
dlwilliams48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:30 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78

A slide topper isn't expensive - under a grand. However, all slides (that I have ever owned) require the slide to fully extend and seal the flange against the inner wall and seat the inner/outer wiper seals and buld seal around the slide face.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:42 AM   #3
Site Team

A slide topper will definitely help, but it (the slide) has to be either in or out to seal. Also, the slide is suppose to be fully extended when in use, AND, before you walk on it. Others have had problems with floor wall--separation from walking on the slide when not fully extended.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote