Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2009, 09:59 AM   #1
Seasonal Camper

I had water in the under belly the last time I pulled the camper. And a lot of it. I don't think it's a bad line as the pump does not cycle. I think it might have come from when I filled the talk up ??

Any one had an issue like this ?

I saw it comming out as soon as I started to pull out of the driveway, Nothing untill then

2007 CF29RL
gtoguy1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:30 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78

Well, it could be a few things: leaking tank, leaking tank fittings, loose fresh water fill hose, loose blank tank flush hose, etc.

I would make a call to your dealer and have the unit inspected. If out of warranty you may want to drop the underbelly liner and take a peak to see whats up.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:35 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

The water smelled and looked fresh. I might look at it tomorrow thought I would see if any one else had an issue. I doubt the dealer can do any thing I can't.

gtoguy1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:47 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Have you filled the fresh water tank lately? Perhaps the hose isn't attached properly or has worked it's way loose.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:53 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

When I first go my camper (PP) the hose to the tank was loose. Tightened the hose clamp and no more leaking. Hope yours is this easy. < id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" =""><div id="ref">
Old 04-25-2009, 12:53 PM   #6
Seasonal Camper

Don-I had the same problem. I would have water dripping from the underbelly. 1 time it was around the drain line and another time it was just wet where the black tarp like material met the frame. Both times I had a full tank and was NOT sitting level. The problem was my fresh water fill tube. I don't know if it had worked loose and when full and sitting on a grade the water would leak or if it had a split in it. It did not always do it. It took about a year before the problem developed but it was fixed when I took it to the factory the first time.

Lonnie

04 2500 Hemi Ram Quad Cab
Chuck N. Wined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 01:04 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

don,

any chance you have a leak up near the roof/gutter and its making it way into the underbelly. my roof leaked from the screws that hold the gutter trim and go through the roof material. water made its way into the trailer. just a thought run a hose over the outside and start low making your way up the side of the trailer. good luck.

-ed

2000 ford f350 v10-2008 ford oem rims & tires

https://i647.photobucket.com/albums/u...cture451-1.gif

spinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 01:44 PM   #8
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Yahoo to KHUNLINDA2003
my water problem was the bathtub drain
KHUNLINDA2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 03:45 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

After I drove in a heavy rain for over an hour, I happened to pull the underbelly down the following weekend to repair the sagging water tank. My underbelly area had a lot of water. After testing everything I could and not finding any problem, I used black heavy duty duct tape to seal all around the frame where the membrane is held up with those long steel "straps". Since then, (18 months ago) there has been no water in the underbelly. I am not saying that is your problem but if you can't find anything leaking you might try this approach.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:19 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

I had this happen due to a leak at the water pump fitting that was getting back to the fresh water tank area. Whe you drop the fabric you can access the fittings for the filler tube abd drain and you should be able to tell if they are the issue. Putting the fabric back on can be a lot of fun. Make sure Buffy is there to help pull it tight while you put the screws back in.

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote