Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2016, 03:15 PM   #1
New Camper

Water Leaking and Underbelly Questions

Hello all, we did a bleach water system flush today on our 2010 Zinger 19RD. While flushing the water through, suddenly it poured out of the drainholes (sewer outlet connection, etc.) and started pouring out the underbelly, both on the edge of the trailer by the drainholes and a bit in the middle where the sewage pipe comes out of the underbelly of the trailer. I am wondering if this might be an overflow issue from filling the water tank too full, a pressure issue from using a hose to do this, and/or a crack in a pipe along the way. No water inside the trailer anywhere.

We'd like to investigate this further (comments welcome), but can't seem to get to the water tank itself. I am assuming we will have to go through the underbelly, but can't figure out how to get it off without tearing through it. There seems to be a small separate section of underbelly about a foot wide between the outer edge of the trailer and the main frame above which the tank would be located. Is there a way to open that up without cutting it? Or are we best to cut it and use something like gorilla tape to repair it? We would like to get the wet insulation out as well. Thanks!
Zingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 07:14 PM   #2
Site Team

I'm not exactly sure what you have on the bottom of your trailer, but if it has the membrane like most do, there should be a metal strip on the outside edge that holds it in place. It should be screwed to the frame. You will have to take the screws out to remove the metal strip and lower the membrane. Then you will be able to get in there. Start on one end and work up the sides removing the strips. You more then likely won't have to drop the whole thing. Putting it backup will go a lot better if there is two people.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 09:04 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

There is a very good chance it might be a connection to the water tank. Not sure about the Zinger but on my PP the fill tube stated to leak and water would poll on the center of the underbelly. That is where I would start
Old 06-27-2016, 03:56 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

Make sure you dry everything out before closing.

2020 Ram 2500 Bighorn 6.7 Diesel
2014 Zinger 27RL (Traded)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS
markandkim is offline   Reply With Quote