Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2019, 08:05 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Water pump and lines

Hello all I tried searching & was not successful. I have a 280 RK & I am having water issues. It seems the Pump was hooked into the City water line & I was unaware. I froze & cracked over the winter. So I am trying to follow the l lines & figure out the proper way to by pass the Pump I dont believe it would be needed since I am running City water. Does anyone have a layout of this or explain what happens when the water comes in the City line. My under belly is enclosed so I cant trace it out easily.

Any help or pictures would be appreciated I am not seeing anything in the manuals provided from the dealer.

Patty
PattyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 08:37 AM   #2
Site Team

The water comes in the city line to a TEE fitting. One side goes to the pump and one side to the city hook up and the other side goes to the camper usually to the water heater first . There are check valves at the city connection to prevent the pump from pumping water out the city connection on to the ground and in the water pump to prevent the city water from filling the tank.

The line leaves the water pump location then goes to the rest of the camper. Not knowing your camper layout it could run thru a cabinet or the underbelly.

I do not know your situation but you may want to replace the pump if you use antifreeze when you winterize.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 08:47 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Thanks but this really goes against what I am seeing. The city line was feeding through my pump but maybe the check valve was not working on a Brand new trailer i would have hoped it wasn't an issues. I just don't see how the water lines are running It also looked liek my Pimp in & out were reversed which would explain why it took in water & froze when there should not have been water in it at all.

So I disconnected the water & Capped it at the Pump & it appears Hotwater tank is filling & I have water so I am thankful. Just not sure how to battle the Pump blown in less than 1 year.

Thanks for the response.
Old 04-19-2019, 09:02 AM   #4
Site Team

Your saying that the city line was connected to the pump? The pump has 2 connections one in and one out. The in from the tank and the out from the pump to the camper. Somewhere there should be a tee to connect the city inlet and pump output.
Old 04-19-2019, 09:11 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Yes the pump had lines indicating the Out & this was actually coming from the that feeds my Hot water tank. I disconnected it & caped that this is what solved my problems. Totally wrong in my mind logically. But it is what I had to do. I then put the line that was on the in which is what went to my Hotwater tank on the Out side of the Pump. Unfortunately the Pump is cracked now so I have to replace it. Likely alot of $$$$ luckily I dont dry camp anymore so I think Ill just let the pump be fr now.

Thanks again
Old 04-19-2019, 09:22 AM   #6
Site Team

Sounds like you are good. Do you live in the camper year long? Just asking because the pump comes in handy to winterize unless you use air to blow out the lines.
Old 10-15-2019, 12:21 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

I do blow my lines. Much easier in my case

Thanks. Sorry just saw this.
Old 10-17-2019, 05:45 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Rv antifreeze!

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 10:01 AM   #9
New Camper

Smile water pump switch in 2007 paradise point fifth wheel

hi, I'm trying to winterize our fifth wheel - Crossroads Paradise Point 2007. we cant seem to find the water pump switch so we can run the antifreeze through the system. anyone out there who may have same model, a picture of where its located would be great

Thanks guys.
Shiloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 02:01 PM   #10
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
hi, I'm trying to winterize our fifth wheel - Crossroads Paradise Point 2007. we cant seem to find the water pump switch so we can run the antifreeze through the system. anyone out there who may have same model, a picture of where its located would be great

Thanks guys.
Look on the level monitor...should be switch for water heater and also pump . Or a 2x3 switch somewhere that has pump on it.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote