Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2014, 05:19 PM   #21
Full Time Camper

Gotta love a feisty woman! Hope she gets it done.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 03:19 AM   #22
Seasonal Camper

update: It was not ready yesterday as promised, however it was in the shop and diagnosed as a broken valve. They have ordered a new valve and it *should* be ready for pick up this evening. I am guessing a shop as big as this one should keep valves in stock. There are 2 closer rv places and they have valves and 3" adapters for the valves in stock. Oh well. At least were making progress. Tank is supposed to be completely flushed for us too. DW will be coming with me to pick it up and is going to try and have the $100 deductible covered for the hassle. We will see what happens. Today is the 29th day in shop.
'11 Crossroads Cruiser CF325CK

https://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...4/S4011042.jpg
happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:20 PM   #23
TDG
Seasonal Camper

I called a RV Attorney about repairs. And a timely manner for repairs
He told me. A reasonable time for a RV repair 90 days from the day it was dropped off. So I called Another Attorney. I got the same answer
But its different state to state.

2013 Jefferson
2006 Chev 3500 DRW
2009 Corvette
Tony & Joanne
Full Time
TDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:14 PM   #24
Seasonal Camper

We called the dealer just before heading out to go pick it up. "The tech is just finishing up as we speak", said the service girl. About half way there, the owner called and said that he had a dilemma. He thinks the issue with the old valve was the 6ft cable was stretched just a little too far putting unneccessary stress on the valve and the new one he ordered the day before came with a 6ft cable. An 8 ft cable was on order for today but didn't arrive. His temporary solution was to reroute the cable and place the pull handle thru the frame on the door side. When we arrived it was pouring rain and the underbelly was hanging down on the trailer and the tech was keeping shelter inside. We waited almost 90 minutes for the weather to pass and the tech to complete the temporary solution. During this time I explained the issues and hassles the service girl was giving us. Of course he defended her.
My original intention was to ask them to ship me the 8ft cable and install it myself. However, the owner has suggested that in 2 weeks when we pass by on another camping trip to call ahead and stop in. He will pull a tech from another job to complete ours while we wait. (At our convenience, rather than have it sit there for the remainder of the season). I see the owner is doing what he can to make things right, which is not the first time he has helped us out like this, but this type of service needs to start from the moment the girl answers the phone, not when DW gets angry.

Old 06-17-2014, 07:22 PM   #25
Gone Traveling

Regardless of what the owner is doing now it seems to be too little too late. I would found another dealer to provide service. Y'all are much more patient than I am.
Chateau Duke To Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:44 AM   #26
Seasonal Camper

not only did the dealer give me a lot of hassle, he also sent me out this weekend with a gift.... mice! 29 days at the dealer they must have colonized by now.

Old 07-01-2014, 07:32 PM   #27
Seasonal Camper

The final update. The black tank valve cable is finally replaced. Of course when DW called the service girl tuesday to let her know when we were stopping in at the end of the week she said: "Oh, but your part is not in yet." DW said "When is it going to be in?" "I don't know, but we ordered it- the parts guy is out of the office right now."
After she got off the phone, she phoned back, but called the owner instead. "Oh, yes, your part is here. Come on in anytime and it can be done in about an hour."

Everyday we hear a new excuse from the service girl, its starting to become humourous. Anyway, all is repaired with the black tank, but another issue has arose. I will start a new topic to pick all your brains.

Old 07-01-2014, 07:39 PM   #28
Site Team

Matt, I can plainly see, you are having to much fun.

Oops, after seeing your post about the roof, I take it back.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:19 AM   #29
Seasonal Camper

camping is supposed to be fun. Maybe we'll just start camping out at the dealer parking lot