Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2017, 10:48 AM   #1
New Camper

What is this leaking hose?

Hi All,

I'm new to full timing. I've had my TT about 6 wks.

I noticed this hose (see pic) had a slow drip. No mention of it in the manual and I'm on city water. (Fresh water tank is empty)

About a week ago it became a steady stream. Its fresh water. I disconnect ed the water and left for a biz trip. Upon return it's OK with a slow drip again.

Trailer is a 2012 Crossroads Zinger 27RL.

The house is a LONG way from the hot water heater and the water pump which is off.

This trailer has 2 water inputs - 1x for fresh and 1x city water.

2nd question if you're still reading, is what adapter can I get to fill the fresh tank from a regular (drinkable cert) water hose?

Many thanks in advance.

You should be able to view the pics here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/I25iFW3RoGDXUvzI3

Chris.
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 11:22 AM   #2
Gone Traveling

That appears to be the fresh tank overflow. The city water is most like passing through your pump & filling the fresh tank. Check to see if there's a valve at the pump to close if not the check valve in the pump is stuck open. Run the pump a bit to see if it stops filling the tank.
As for an adapter, I cut about a 2' piece of an old drinking hose to stick into the port for filling.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 12:21 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Looks more like the fresh water drain rather than the overflow. Like TT said the backflow check valve on the pump may be leaking.
This is a link for a fill adapter, pricey but works well.
https://www.amazon.com/Secure-Fill-S...ater+fill+hose
Add some water to the freshwater tank and run the water pump for a bit, that may clear the check valve if that is the problem.
2009 F-150XLT
Russb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 04:39 PM   #4
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russb View Post
Looks more like the fresh water drain rather than the overflow. Like TT said the backflow check valve on the pump may be leaking.
This is a link for a fill adapter, pricey but works well.
https://www.amazon.com/Secure-Fill-S...ater+fill+hose
Add some water to the freshwater tank and run the water pump for a bit, that may clear the check valve if that is the problem.
I would agree. Simple solution is to add a quality check valve on the pump discharge. I think the 1/2" brass check valve I bought on Amazon was nine bucks.

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK
2slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 10:39 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

On our Crossroads, there are two valves that are used to remove water pressure from rv water lines, when turning off or disconnecting shore water, and the pressurized water comes out of two hoses under the rv. Maybe the pressure relief valve is leaking or not turned to the fully closed position...... just an idea.
2011 27' RLX
gregtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 07:17 PM   #6
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtx View Post
On our Crossroads, there are two valves that are used to remove water pressure from rv water lines, when turning off or disconnecting shore water, and the pressurized water comes out of two hoses under the rv. Maybe the pressure relief valve is leaking or not turned to the fully closed position...... just an idea.
That's a new one for me, automatic pressure relief on the water lines, been rving for 40 years & never had one with that option. Mine has a red & blue low point drains, a fresh water tank drain, fresh water tank vent & overflow all coming out of the underbelly, but none relieve pressure automatically.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 08:22 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Chris
The top left two pictures are your fresh water fill the little hole at 10:00 o'clock of the fill tube is the vent for fresh water tank...I agree with Russb the tube under the camper is the fresh water drain, and it looks to me that the screw on cap is missing...Best way to find out is start to fill the fresh water tank and if the tube under starts leaking...Buy a PVC cap...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote