Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2009, 11:42 PM   #1
Seasonal Camper

We attended the Kansas City RV show last weekend and the St. Louis show this weekend. KC only had 2 Cruisers, a toy hauler and a V nose TT. The St. Louis show had zero Crossroads products!

Both shows had dealers from up to 100 miles away and lots of campers and lookers.

I understand that most manufacturers kick in funds to the dealers for shows and advertisements. Does Crossroads do that?

Just trying to figure out why no participation in two of the largest shows in the central U.S.

Viet Nam Vet 70-71 Da Nang

Real airplanes have two wings and big, round, engines
BipeFlier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 12:50 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

I was told by a dealer that crossroads does not help subsidize the cost of putting there product in the shows, so with biz the way it is I am pretty sure the only ones that are in the show are the ones who have manufacture help, or dealers with deep pockets....

2004 Ford F-350 CC dually 4X4
mbinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 02:06 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Biggest show in New England had only the Zinger product and 2 Sunset Trail models. Very sad and not a way to sell a product. Our dealer wanted to bring product to the show but was told Crossroads doesn't allow another dealer to enter a set district for another dealership.

Wierd to say the least when Jayco, Carriage, Keystone, Sunnybrook and other's had multiple dealer's at the show.

So here's a direct question to Crossroads - are you doing so well that you don't need RV show coverage?????? And how long will it take before you actually post a product page for the Slignshot??????
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:57 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to papabear

If you are looking for a dealer around KC there is Jayhawk Camper Sales located between <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="&#111;n"><st1lace w:st="&#111;n">Shawnee</st1lace></st1:City> and Bonner Springs, Ks on 7 Hwy. Address is 24105 W. 43rd St. <st1:City w:st="&#111;n">Shawnee</st1:City>, <st1lace w:st="&#111;n"><st1:State w:st="&#111;n">Kansas</st1:State></st1lace> 913-422-5677. The last time I was there he had a verity of Crossroads campers. Hope this helps you some.

Dave

2012 Cruiser Patriot Edition 335SS

2014 F250 4X4 Super Duty Diesel

https://i639.photobucket.com/albums/u...s/IMG_1120.jpg
papabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:46 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

We were at a RV show this weekend in Mich. there were two dealers New Horizon's and Dolney Rv center. New Horizon's had three Cruiser two Kingston. Dolney's had a Cruiser and a Zinger.

ThreePutt

'05 28CK

'03 Silverado 8.1 Allison Trans
ThreePutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:32 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to New Trailer Mom
Hi, I'm also looking for Crossroads, I live up in Massachusetts and in my area only two dealers that carry Crossroads and they don't have much in stock. Â*I really want the Sunset Trail ST30 model in brickstone red, but no one around here has this model, Â*I asked one dealer if he would be getting one in, he replied not likely since he stated that model was not that popular. Â*I suppose I'll have to order one if thats possible. Â*I've been doing my research and I feel that this model really fits our needs and the size will just make it onto my driveway without sticking out into the road. Â*I thought the dealers would be getting the 2009 models in now, but seems my dealer carry's way more Zingers than Sunset Trail. Â*
Old 02-23-2009, 02:31 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

We got our ST31QB from Custom Camper www.customcamperinc.com in Southington, CT off I-84. They have a 31QB in what looks like the red interior. Crowley RV in Bristol, CT has a ST31QB used on their lot. The unit wasn't used too much and is in good shape. I only know because it was mine. We traded it in. Both are not the 30BH which is actually what we looked at before we got the 31QB. We figured we would be better off with four bunks, although both have models have their own pros and cons.

Have: 2008 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2006 GMC Yukon Denali
croberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 04:28 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Jim's Trailer Sales was showing at the Cleveland RV Show. They had a lot of Sunset Trail units. We had bought our 2008 26RK from them and they were happy to have our 2007 ST19CK in trade. They were sure nice to me. I think they pegged me for buying a new Sunset Trail every year but it's not gonna happen.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:21 PM   #9
Seasonal Camper

Went to the Milwaukee show, a couple Zingers, a few S Trails, and 3 Cruiser 5ers....no Cruiser TT's. There were a few Diesel pushers only, I wasted my time. I really wanted to look at new TT's and saw zip. The V front caught my eye, there was only 1 .

Is it really that bad out there ????????????
Tom&Denice, Carmel,Betsy, Brighton&Daisy(Rescued Cockers)YukonXL 2500 8.1 4:10 CT31GR https://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...ofP1010009.jpg
ClassicHammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:04 AM   #10
Family Vacation Member

We walked through the Utah RV show last weekend hoping to see at least one 09 Cruiser.(really wanted to see a Patriot Edition) No Luck. The only CR products at the show were a few Zinger TTs. Overall, I think the show was as big as it's been, and seemed to be well attended.

https://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...rawberry-1.jpg
rock1424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:17 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

I think that part of the problem is the dealers are stocking cheaper units and lighter units. My own dealer has noe fifth wheels in stock right now.
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 06:43 AM   #12
Seasonal Camper

the dealers are not going to pay to bring a higher dollar unit to show when they are having a hard enough time trying to sell the entry level, lower end units, there are alot of dealers still sitting on new 07's and 08's so to tie yp floor plan dollars on higher end stuff that isn't selling is not to smart, the banks have lowered or stopped all the floor plan money, so they can only stock what they have a reasonable chance to unload, if your looking to buy, and find what you want on the lot there is some really good deals to be had, if you want to specail order they have no incentive to deal, no overhead money in an ordered unit....

2004 Ford F-350 CC dually 4X4
mbinohio is offline   Reply With Quote