Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2019, 11:45 AM   #1
New Camper

Question Which Rear View Camera?

We have a Zinger Lite 18RD. It is pre-wired for a rear-view camera, but I have no idea which one to buy. I would like one that is plug-n-play, obviously. I would also like to have a continuous display inside my tow vehicle so I can use it for passing and having a better idea of who/what is following me. Any input would be greatly appreciated. TIA!
2018 Zinger 18RD
CamperNewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 05:52 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

We were prewired for a Furrion camera, so I went with the Furrion FOS48TA. Easy 5 minute install, no wiring. The display sits on the dash and plugs into the cig lighter. It has constant display with no reception issues on our 33' trailer. I use it the most for driving, checking traffic for changing lanes, checking blind spots and seeing what's going on behind me. I would not be without a rear camera.

2017 Sunset Trail Superlite 289QB
2016 Escalade

Custom73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 08:10 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom73 View Post
We were prewired for a Furrion camera, so I went with the Furrion FOS48TA. Easy 5 minute install, no wiring. The display sits on the dash and plugs into the cig lighter. It has constant display with no reception issues on our 33' trailer. I use it the most for driving, checking traffic for changing lanes, checking blind spots and seeing what's going on behind me. I would not be without a rear camera.
x2,

i have installed the same unit. Mine was not pre-wired, but tapped and moved the marker light. Great reception and only lost signal a couple times on a cross country trip. Trailer is just over 35' and actually works pretty well at night too.

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote