Weekend Camper

How do you keep your refer from freezing and not working
gcubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 09:37 PM   #32
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcubs View Post
How do you keep your refer from freezing and not working
Well there are 2 ways im gonna seal off 2 of the 3 vents with batton insulation and if it get below minus 40 ill put trouble lite in compartment. Ive already shut off ice maker and im gonna put insulation behind washer and dryer and keep clost door open to keep air moving.
dozerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 01:44 AM   #33
Family Vacation Member

Can I come and take your 50 cal Hawkens when you are frozen. (Jeramia Johnson the Movie)

John and Julie
Dubois, PA
2015 Zinger ZT31SB- 2008 Toyota Tundra
johnwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 08:41 AM   #34
Weekend Camper

Thats a good one lol. No but you might find my defender i have in case a bear comes visiting lol. I know i wont freeze up might get a little chilly now and again but to many guys up here rv all winter every winter. How do you like your new rv? Does it get very cold in the winter in PA?
Old 10-19-2014, 11:02 PM   #35
New Camper

Us Canadians endure the weather well, out here in the western provinces a large majority of the distance work force stay in campers , hotels are full and pricey. The smart ones rv it up year round..With some money and brains anything is possible

First winter staying in the camper myself. Drilling out in the bare prairies of SK can get pretty windy in the winter but I've had multiple coworkers stay in their campers thru the winter with out problems. From what I can tell you'll be far more prepared then the average . 2" insulation is more then plenty specially with a diesel heater..most guys are getting away with heat lamps until -20 then kick electric heaters on, burning minimal propane (since your not paying for electricity usually). With that heater and your triple pane windows your gonna be wearing shorts!

Interested in hearing more tips, amazed more ppl here haven't done it
Snoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 11:37 PM   #36
Weekend Camper

Glad to hear guys are doing it the same way there as in northern bc. The only reason i went with deisel heater is because its free for us as u know thats why i went back to a deisel pickup hate paying for fuel if i dont have to. What are u camping in a trailer or 5th wheel? I m now a full time rv living. Usually i only spend 4 to 6 months in it this yr ive decided to rv full time after selling my property and never being home any way. Well hope u have a good winter rving to let me know how things are going if u run into any problems at least winter only lasts 5 months lol

Al
Old 10-20-2014, 02:50 PM   #37
Family Vacation Member

Love the camper so far so far. Would like to use it more. Yes it gets cold here last year we had temps 20 below. I will be putting mine into storage under ground next mo. after I retire next year I want this thing south where I can do something other than shovel snow. LOL. We do get alot of snow more than the rest of the state. We get the Lake effect snows in the north west.

John and Julie
Dubois, PA
2015 Zinger ZT31SB- 2008 Toyota Tundra
johnwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 03:11 PM   #38
Weekend Camper

20 below is cold enough. Where i work we call that perfect working temperature but personally i like home in the summer time when its 85 above and a beer in my hand lol. We get a lot of snow some winters you just never know now adays weathers all over the place past 5 to 8 yrs. I wish i knew how to put pics up i would give u an idea what this part of canada is like. All i can say its remote just about 2 hr rrive just to get groceries and power poles end over an hr down the hiway we live off of giant deisel generators. The only reason any of us come here is because of the oilfields i can make more in 5 to 7 days here thani can in a month down home. Well hope u getout again before u put ur camper away nothing quite as relaxing as enjoying the outdoors.

Al