Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2018, 04:08 PM   #1
Full Time Camper

Wireless remote for slide.

So still trying to decide on a solution for my 5er slide. See my post: http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...ion-14349.html Has anyone had any experience with RV Intelligence JAS30 Universal Smart RV Wireless 12V Accessory Control? A little pricy at $249.00 to control my slide by remote, but might be easier than trying to fish four wires from original switch down underneath and back up into the wall near the bedroom area. Spoke to gentleman at RV Intelligence and he said it can be installed in about 15 minutes.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 08:54 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Anyone with a review on the RV Intelligence JAS30? Huh! Tough crowd, lol.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Old 12-02-2018, 07:35 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Hi Papa-T

I just re-read your original post and concur that parallel is the way to go if you chose to hard wire a second switch.

Having said that, and understanding you have an emergency exit window in your bedroom, I would still be apprehensive about shutting myself in there if heaven forbid something catastrophic were to occur.

Given that your prime concern was the top of the slide 'hingeing' inward during violent wind gusts, would an option to brace the slide with say a precise length of 2" x 2" against the opposite wall work?"

It would certainly stop the motion, maintain the weather seal, and give you full access and an egress route in an emergency.

Just trying to help you think outside the box (excuse the intended pun please)

Hope you sort it to your satisfaction either way.

Best regards

John
Biggles607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 08:23 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Thanks for the reply. I get the closing myself in thing just don’t want to go through the storm deal with the way it is. Never had a Rv where the slide blocked off the bedroom before. If I ever buy another; that would be my biggest and main option to avoid.