Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-04-2019, 05:03 AM   #1
SJW
Weekend Camper

2010 cruiser CR patriot edition

The name is Seth, Full timing for 4 months so far, enjoying it loads.
Using electric heaters for the moment because my furnace went out.
My city water inlet check valve seems to be acting funny as well so I'm currently using the water pump to access water.
My bed support is also caving in a bit where the staples pulled out the then the rods pulled the 3 screws from the wall.
My shower floor pan has a few cracks in it that I plan to patch when I have less things to deal with(should probably get to that before it causes more issues)
A while back my toilet got stopped up, so I had to snake that and stop using paper products in the toilet, been working properly since...
Enjoying it as it comes. Always learning about how it works and how to fix it, while also working on my 98 vw golf, good times
SJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 06:24 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Welcome. Paper products are fine but we always use the bio degradable toilet paper. You are leaving your black tank closed until you need to dump I hope? Maintenance is something that has to be dealt with. Good luck.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 03:28 PM   #3
SJW
Weekend Camper

Yes, leaving it closed so it has time to break down, it seemed like a blockage was created, possibly from people not using enough water to flush
Old 01-04-2019, 08:55 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Welcome Seth! Sounds like your taking everything in stride. To add to what Papa-T said, even if you have a period your not using your toilet, leave a couple (2-4) gallons in the black tank, otherwise any solids that didn’t eject will dry up and cause blockages. You are correct though, use lots of water when you flush the toilet.
Former: Crossroads ST26RB
Steve7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:02 PM   #5
SJW
Weekend Camper

Awesome. Thank you
Old 01-18-2019, 03:31 PM   #6
Seasonal Camper

We have the exact same camper bought new.

Here is an old post showing some of the things I've done. http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...chen-1231.html

I installed a 1 X 6 cross piece (on edge) under the bed to stop some sagging of the plywood in the center. Also installed a couple more screws into the wall at the hinge area. What seems to destroy the board to wall joint is raising the bed to access storage without sliding the mattress away from the wall. If you don't slide it away it acts as a lever to pull the screws out of the wall.

I also installed an outlet (110v) on the side of the kitchen cabinet near the propane detector and powered it from the spare breaker. That way I can run 2 electric heaters without tripping breakers as they are separate.

We haven't used our furnace much as we are warm weather campers (hate the cold) so can't help on the furnace issues.

We also bought a new mattress from Denver Mattress to replace the original one. I can't believe the difference in sleep.

The only other issue that we have had is the converter quit last summer.

Good luck and keep on camping.

Viet Nam Vet 70-71 Da Nang

Real airplanes have two wings and big, round, engines
BipeFlier is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed support issue, full time, furnace issue, water inlet issue