Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2010, 11:23 AM   #1
New Camper

Barry & Cindy from Salmon Arm, BC, Canada.

Had to sell my high peformace kitplane so now getting into RVing again. Am very close to purchasing a Seville 32SK. Question to everyone is- what has been the major issues with Sevilles to date for any users on this forum. Even though this is a high end unit I am most interested in things like frame integrity, doors closing, roof leaks, exteriorand insulation issues. The small stuff doesn't bother me so much. From what I have read on this forum and from talking to other Crossroads owners, I have no concerns as this sale comes up because I believe pound for pound these units are hard to beat.

Barry
SevilleKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:47 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

i cant answer your specific seville questions but i will tell you that crossroads service is top notch. many here will say the same. good luck and welcome to the forum.

2000 ford f350 v10-2008 ford oem rims & tires

https://i647.photobucket.com/albums/u...cture451-1.gif

spinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:30 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Welcome to the forum. We have a kingston which is excellent and have had no major problems, the service provided by Crossroads is above and beyond what we expected.The dealer we have in Ontario is terrible but Andi at crossroads service has made things go right. Our friends have a 34 Seville 2009 and had an issue with the landing gear contacting the skirting which was repaired by crossroads. They are very happy with their FW. We missVancouver island we spent 17 years in Sooke. Good luck

Rob,Sue&Cyndi

2008 Dodge 3500 6.7
RSCREES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 02:33 PM   #4
Seasonal Camper

Our 09 VF35CK is our first 5th wheel, and we absolutely love it. We spent 50 nights in it last year, towed for 13,500 km. The biggest issue I had was misaligned axles, so now there is uneven tire wear. Not covered by warranty, but whatever. I wanted to put better tires on anyway. We went down some fairly rough roads, and no issues with the outside door. Our bathroom door rarely latches once we are unhooked, but works fine when landing gear retracted. We have been in several heavy rainstorms and even a couple hailstorms. No exterior damage or leaks. Insulation seems to be fine, we spent several nights in it when it was below freezing. Love that fireplace.

SOB 5er
lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:29 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Mine is holding up well. I have the Cruiser which is a few steps down from the Seville line. All doors latch, insulation with extra thermo-foil package is working good, baggage doors are on the cheap side, I had to replace a few seals that have "rolled" and it was easy - dealer gave me the D-seal to do it.

Stopped at Crossroads on last 4.5K road trip and had some warranty items fixed by Randy at Crossroads - they even did some free upgrades for me. No other manufacturer has this level of care for the customer outside of the 100K$ units.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:18 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Welcome to the forum. If it's Crossroads this is the forum to be on.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:57 PM   #7
New Camper

Thanks for all the inputs guys and gals. We told the dealer today it is a go. Pick it up at Pleasureland in St Cloud, Minnesota week of Feb 06. Will travel back to BC via Hwy 90 that goes across the US. Only other question would be to the guy in Brooks - that is can I fill the water lines and use the trailer on the way back then get the heat on back in Salmon Arm to winterise this thing? We plan on using it to go skiing up at Silver Star in Vernon. They have full camping hookups for weekenders - well we go Sunday, Monday, Tuesday to beat the crowds as I work in the Fort 14 on and 7 off.

Barry
SevilleKid is offline   Reply With Quote