Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2010, 07:06 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Greetings,<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" />

Have been a member of the site for a couple of years and now after waiting more than 3 years, we took possession of a 2009 ST 30BH. I love the storage, counter space and the layout. My question now is there anything I should know about this model or things to look out for. I have read the forums quite frequently but would still appreciate the expertise of those that have owned and RVed for a while.

Thank you,

Joel

bouncemanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:14 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

Congratulations! We have not had aTT for years. We finally bought one a couple of months ago. We're going on our first camping trip with our new TT on the Memorial Day weekend.

If you haven't already done so, create a categorized packing list of things you would always take. For example, refrigerated foods, non-refrigerated foods, medications, clothing, cameras, etc. Under the category of "Menus" Ihave a list of menus to choose from so that I can add those ingredients to pack. I print a new copy for each trip, and check them off as I pack them. This way, I won't discover at the campground that I forgot the mustard or mayonnaise, etc. It also takes very little time when you don't have to stop and think - what do I need?

Enjoy and keep safe.

iuki

iuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:35 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Yahoo to csham
Been pulling a ST30Bh for three years now, starting on the 4th this summer. Really nothing special about the model or anything to look out for. I have only had to have mine serviced one time and that was a weak piece of wood on the edge of the lower bunk that broke.

Samantha (8/97), Tara (6/03), Erica (1/07)

2008 Dodge Ram 1500

2007 Sunset Trail ST30BH

https://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...H-campsite.jpg
csham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:10 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Joel-

We bought the 30BH for the same reasons you did. Compared other manufacturers but the storage space and overall construction quality won us over. Have never regretted our decision in 200+ nights in it. Had two items fixed under warranty...the faucet in the bathroom leaked and was replaced, and the microwave started having a mind of its own by never shutting down and constantly running when plugged in even though no cooking instructions were input. Also replaced without question. Only caution I'd make is not to put a bike rack on the rear bumper unless you reinforce it. I learned the hard way that the bumper is very thin-walled and putting extra weight of two mountain bikes plus rack bent the bumper downward. I have since reinfored the bumper and have towed 10,000 miles with bikes on and everything looks really good. I intend to go over to the storage yard and post pictures of the reinforced bumper and a couple other mods when it warms up a little. Now that I've said it, I guess I'll have to do it!

Breckenridge, CO
'08 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST30BH Traded
'21 Grand Design Reflection 31MB 5er
'22 Cougar 29RLI 5er
'23 RAM 2500 4X4 CTD
coastn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 02:26 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

very good tips. thank you and it is one i will get on soon!
bouncemanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 01:23 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

I have the Zinger 30BH - almost 2 years now &amp; we love it, the only issues we have had were the CD player getting too hot &amp; not playing, the sofa bed storage door keeps comming loose &amp; not enough nice weather. .........

11 Ram 2500 - Green Machine - retired
16 Chevy 2500 - Bone Crusher - the dark side
08 CR Zinger 30BH - Zing 1
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote