Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2011, 04:28 AM   #1
New Camper

Hello everyone! Glad to be out on the road finally, after years of trying to convince my wife this is the right thing to do! We pick up our Zinger 31SB tomorrow morning and get the briefing and instructions as well. We've rented a Class C a couple times, and another 28ft bumper-pull, and I grew up trailer camping, so I'm not completely lost, but was wondering if there were any specific questions about warranty issues that I need to be concerned with. Or perhaps pulling tricks to watch for. ANY tips are welcome though!

TGSchertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:39 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Congratulations & welcome to the forum. There are several PDI (pre delivery inspection) lists out there. Hereis one for motorhomes that is fairly complete and can be used for your new Zinger.

No matter how good the dealership is, they will want to rush through and get you out the door. Remember that you spent literally thousands of dollars and don't leave until you are satisfied everything is working fine and you are comfortable with how everything operates. I still remember our first trailer and the last thing they went over after hours was hooking up to the truck. I was tired and wanted to hit the road. They were tired and wanted to go home. I didn't quite get it and the next time I hooked up I had to call for help!

Enjoy

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

papa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:15 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Welcome to the forum. You picked a great camper.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:42 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Welcome. I was given a very good piece of advice, videotape the PDI, it will come in handy later. Make sure you have them operate or show you how to operate everything, do not let them just explain it to you. Also, check the pins on the awning (where the arms extend it up) sometimes they don't come all the way thru on these trailers. Get a good weight distribution hitch with sway control such as the reese dual cam or the equalizer hitches. You won't regret it. Don't give them their check until you are satisfied w/ the PDI and understanding how everything operates and everything is in satisfactory condition. Tow slowly, try to stay off the highway as you get used to (it is actually harder to tow on the highway because of sway at higher speeds/trucks passing that will push you out and suck you back in). Take it nice and slow, don't let anyone push you. And remember the trailer will cut much narrower than your truck on turns. Good luck and enjoy.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:36 PM   #5
Seasonal Camper

Congratulations on your new camper !! One thing I learned the hard way is to buy a good air pressure gauge and check the pressure everytime you take a trip, cost me a set of tires in less than 5,000 miles. I nowmaintain max pressure in trailer and truck tires. Another is to get a torque wrench and check the torque on wheel lug nuts, axle bolts and shackles (all mine were under specifications after the first trip).
Sirsea is offline   Reply With Quote