Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2010, 01:14 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to Martin&Rog

Woo Hoo!!

We are so excited to be able to say we are members of the Crossroads family!! On October 15 we pick up our 2011 Cruiser 27rlx from Flint Hills RV in Andover, Kansas. I have been following your forum for quite some time and feel very confident that we've made the perfect choice for our first Fiver!! Previously we traveled and camped with our Lance camper. Loved it, it's a terrific camper, but we've grown out of it.

We look forward to many informative discussions here and also future friendships!
Old 10-06-2010, 02:10 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

Oh, and just in case everyone's wondering. Rog is short for Roganette. My Dad's name was Roger and I was first daughter born, so sort of named after him..I go by 'Rog' for short.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:10 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Congratulations on the new unit and welcome to the CrossRoads family. This is a great group and you will find lots of friendly folks here who willingly share their knowledge and wisdom.

Pack up that unit and head on down to the Texas Rally next March 25 & 26. The Texas Hill Country should be in bloom at that time and we have ordered up great weather.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:20 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Thanks!! And thanks for the Texas Rally invitation. I've never been to the Texas Hill Country but have seen photo's and heard how beautiful it is. My husband and I both ride Harley's and he took a trip down that way last spring and loved it.

We lived in Texas a while in a little town called Dickinson between Galveston and Houston while my husband served in the US Coast Guard. He's since retiredbut weenjoyed living there during that assignment.

Is there a website for that Rally?
Old 10-06-2010, 07:52 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Rog, welcome to the forum & congratulations on your new Cruiser! Here is a link to the campsite for the Texas Rally & the email of Keith, who is heading it up.

http://www.berryspringsrv.com/

hunter11@austin.rr.com
'12 Crossroads Rushmore RF38FL (ours!)
Barry, the ADHD x 2 German Shepherd mix, Granddog.
FFFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:38 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Welcome aboard you will find that the info and the people on the forum are second to none.

CF33LF PROVINCIAL EDITION
SWAILES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:54 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

welcome to the forum.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 03:36 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Thanks to all for the warm welcome! I'm ready to go camping now!! Hate that the season is nearly over for us here in the Kansas City area.

I know we already have a couple questions for all you experts, but I'll let my husband do the asking.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:44 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

Welcome and congrats on the new rig!...

06 F350 KR PS CC SRW

...Wish we were camping...
cowboy_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 04:25 PM   #10
New Camper

Welcome to the forum We have had our cruiser for three years and still enjoy it. We are down the road in Augusta. We bought our first camper from Flint hills and they are an upstanding group. Hope you enjoy your new camper. We are thinking about Texas in march, but you know what the weather is like in Kansas that time of the year.
daveandpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:39 PM   #11
Full Time Camper

Passed through the Kansas City area yesterday on my way home to Colorado. Magnificent weather! Hope it holds for you to get some camping in. Am returning from Ames, Iowa after watching my alma mater, the Utah Utes, crush Iowa State.Wish I'd had my trailer.Next weekend it's off to Laramie, Wyoming for the game with the U of Wyo. Wish it were camping weather there, but I'm winterized and stored for the season.

Welcome to the Forum and much happy camping!!

Breckenridge, CO
'08 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST30BH Traded
'21 Grand Design Reflection 31MB 5er
'22 Cougar 29RLI 5er
'23 RAM 2500 4X4 CTD
coastn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:41 AM   #12
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandpeg
Welcome to the forum We have had our cruiser for three years and still enjoy it. We are down the road in Augusta. We bought our first camper from Flint hills and they are an upstanding group. Hope you enjoy your new camper. We are thinking about Texas in march, but you know what the weather is like in Kansas that time of the year.

Thanks, Dave and Peg, the folks at Flint Hills have been nothing but courteous and helpful throughout the process. We are so excited toget the extra room in the FW since we've spent the last 5 years with our Lance. It is a terrific truck camper, but it's time to simplify the camping routine just a bit.

Martin and I are originally from the Wichita area. I spent a large portion of my childhood in Augusta and Andover. Martin and I graduated from Frederic Remington out of Whitewater. It sure has changed, can hardly tell where Augusta, Andover and Wichita start and stop.

Yes, the weather is always 'Iffy' in Kansas in March. We've planned a camping trip to Las Cruces in April. It's a little more predictable by then. Famous last words....
Old 10-11-2010, 05:44 AM   #13
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastn
Passed through the Kansas City area yesterday on my way home to Colorado. Magnificent weather! Hope it holds for you to get some camping in. Am returning from Ames, Iowa after watching my alma mater, the Utah Utes, crush Iowa State.Wish I'd had my trailer.Next weekend it's off to Laramie, Wyoming for the game with the U of Wyo. Wish it were camping weather there, but I'm winterized and stored for the season.

Welcome to the Forum and much happy camping!!

Yes, the weather was perfect. This time last year on the same day, it was 40 degrees. Martin and I took the Harley's out for a ride on Saturday and it was wonderful!!

Thanks Coastn' and happy camping to you too! Have a safe trip to Wyoming!
Old 10-11-2010, 01:46 PM   #14
Weekend Camper

Welcome Martin and Rog, I am just across the state line near Parkville Have a 2007 CT31RL and have pulled it about 10000 miles with no major problem.....
Robbie Ribbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:32 AM   #15
Weekend Camper

Thanks Robbie!

Our choice for our first FW is validated once again by your positive commentary on your CT31RL!

Funny, now that we've researched the Cruiser, we notice them more often on the road. We've probably seen yours coming or going, since Parkville is so near.

Old 10-18-2010, 04:41 AM   #16
Weekend Camper

Well, we got her home!! Last Friday evening, we drove in with her, our Cruiser 27RLX. We were at the dealership at 9:00 a.m. and left at 2:30 p.m.

The whole crew at Flint Hills RV in Andover, Kansas were terrific. Especially Thomas, our guide during the walk thru as well as the RV tech who made the minor repairs and modifications we requested. That young man was unstopable!! He worked through his lunch without a second thought. Extremely knowlegable, professional and personable.

We spent the weekend cleaning her inside and out. We just don't know what to do with all the storage space. So different from the Lance, we were able to bring what we needed, but everything had a place. Could never deviate from that or we'd be in trouble.

We're just sad that we have to put tuck her away for the winter and won't be able to take her out until Spring. First big trip planned for April at Las Cruces, NM.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:55 AM   #17
Site Team

Welcome aboard!!
We to were Lance owners. Had the 821 and traded it in on our present cruiser. Like you said, they are a great camper, but in certain situations you can, and we did, get claustrophobia. After going to the 26RK we don't know what to do with all the storage.
Enjoy.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote