Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2016, 07:29 PM   #21
Full Time Camper

CW

X infinity. Don't forget every body will drop the price about 20% or more from the MRSP. Just how good a deal could it be to get all the BS.
Faribault MN
LeBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:09 PM   #22
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogvo View Post
What I did not realize from the outset is that they were trying to find a way to finance me in-house at 18% interest to make money on the back end... More money than I would have in fact paid for the trailer. It was when I told them I had my own financing that things had gone downhill. They refused my trade, told me to take it down the street to LKQ and sell it for salvage.

Everything was going along great until I said "No financing", then instantly I became a second-class citizen. They even started trying to nickel and dime me for everything. They wanted $120.00 to put the WD Hitch chain cleats on the new trailer... IT IS 2 "C-CLAMPS"! Slap them on, tighten the bolt and you are done! No thanks. They got upset because I didn't want them to do it.

I can't order another one from the factory because it is a 2016. They aren't making them anymore. There isn't another Crossroads dealer for hundreds of miles... Not even the other camping world locations in my area. I had a friend tell me that they are upset because they wouldn't have given me the deal I am getting if they knew I was going to go with the 100% down payment method, but since we have a deal on paper, they legally cannot refuse it now.

They were advertising it on their website as a "blowout" priced at $00000 Plus Tax, Tags, License and Doc fees. I am walking out the door at exactly $00,000 (including TT&L), so I don't think I am getting (mod edit) on it... I still would have liked to get it for 00 Out The Door.

My pride tells me to walk away from it but at that price, I can't get anything even close to it anywhere else at any distance. Plus, the fact that they hope I will walk is all the more reason for me to buy it. It lets me know they won't be making a "Profit".

My only concern is finding a place that is authorized to conduct any future repairs. A lot of the stuff I can do myself but I obviously can't do any warranty work. I have already contacted their corporate offices and have been given the direct line of the person I need to complain to. I don't really want anyone to lose their jobs but I do think they need a reality check.

I also found out that the CEO of Camping World is Marcus Lemonis - the host of the TV show "The Profit". I sent him an email as well, although I don't expect to hear anything back from him.

At the end of the day, I like the deal I am getting but I don't care for the people I am getting it from. I had a hard decision to make and since they won't be coming camping with me, I have decided to buy it... Partially because of the deal and partially out of spite because I know they want me to walk away from it. Oh... and MOSTLY because my wife wants it.
I am sorry, but why was price edited by a mod on here?? I myself am a moderator on a different forum for different toys. It perturbs me a little here but it could be libations speaking.

OP- if this is a deal that can not be passed, then don't. Keep the wife happy, buy your unit and if issues arise to where you need warranty service, contact crossroads directly.
2019 Grand Design Imagine 2800bh
morphrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:16 PM   #23
Site Team

morphrider, not posting prices is part of our forum's community rules. I don't know if the rule exists on the forum you moderate but it does exist here.

Quote:
Dealer Pricing | Vendor and Customer Disputes: Do not make posts about new coach pricing at various dealerships. These are private transactions between you and that dealer. This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors or sales. Please settle your differences with sellers, manufacturers and dealers through the long-established legal or arbitration systems or the Better Business Bureau but not through our community.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:26 PM   #24
Weekend Camper

Sorry. I missed that.
Moogvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:27 PM   #25
Family Vacation Member

Thanks for clarifying Mark. Duly noted for future references.
2019 Grand Design Imagine 2800bh
morphrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 10:14 PM   #26
Seasonal Camper

Ok. Lesson learned.
dedmiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 11:14 AM   #27
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogvo View Post
What I did not realize from the outset is that they were trying to find a way to finance me in-house at 18% interest to make money on the back end... More money than I would have in fact paid for the trailer. It was when I told them I had my own financing that things had gone downhill. They refused my trade, told me to take it down the street to LKQ and sell it for salvage.

Everything was going along great until I said "No financing", then instantly I became a second-class citizen. They even started trying to nickel and dime me for everything. They wanted $120.00 to put the WD Hitch chain cleats on the new trailer... IT IS 2 "C-CLAMPS"! Slap them on, tighten the bolt and you are done! No thanks. They got upset because I didn't want them to do it.

I can't order another one from the factory because it is a 2016. They aren't making them anymore. There isn't another Crossroads dealer for hundreds of miles... Not even the other camping world locations in my area. I had a friend tell me that they are upset because they wouldn't have given me the deal I am getting if they knew I was going to go with the 100% down payment method, but since we have a deal on paper, they legally cannot refuse it now.

They were advertising it on their website as a "blowout" priced at $00000 Plus Tax, Tags, License and Doc fees. I am walking out the door at exactly $00,000 (including TT&L), so I don't think I am getting (mod edit) on it... I still would have liked to get it for 00 Out The Door.

My pride tells me to walk away from it but at that price, I can't get anything even close to it anywhere else at any distance. Plus, the fact that they hope I will walk is all the more reason for me to buy it. It lets me know they won't be making a "Profit".

My only concern is finding a place that is authorized to conduct any future repairs. A lot of the stuff I can do myself but I obviously can't do any warranty work. I have already contacted their corporate offices and have been given the direct line of the person I need to complain to. I don't really want anyone to lose their jobs but I do think they need a reality check.

I also found out that the CEO of Camping World is Marcus Lemonis - the host of the TV show "The Profit". I sent him an email as well, although I don't expect to hear anything back from him.

At the end of the day, I like the deal I am getting but I don't care for the people I am getting it from. I had a hard decision to make and since they won't be coming camping with me, I have decided to buy it... Partially because of the deal and partially out of spite because I know they want me to walk away from it. Oh... and MOSTLY because my wife wants it.
Hope it all works out & the new rv is trouble free! Enjoy it & you'll have a good campfire story.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 10:18 PM   #28
Weekend Camper

I picked up the new rv today. The service people were awesome to deal with. One of the techs did a walk through with me to do the pdi. He caught and pointed out things I missed that will need attention. I actually went in for my 3:00 appointment at 4:30 with the intention of telling them to "stick it". All of the non sales staff were completely professional and awesome.

One of the graphics was lifted on the very edge. It was the size of the tip of a pencil. He trimmed it with his pocket knife and you can't even tell. He insisted on ordering a replacement decal.

He also helped me install the electric jack I brought with me and the hitch components. The salesman tried to get me to pay a minimum hourly service charge for each thing I needed to have done but the service tech told me not to worry about it. He even gave me his card and told me to call him if I had any questions or needed help.

Over all, I am pretty impressed with the service folks. The sales staff... not so much. The guy who did our paperwork and the DMV stuff was extremely friendly and made sure that we got handfuls of freebies including some promotional goodies they aren't giving away until this weekend. He also gave us a gift certificate so we could buy some stuff in the store.

Today was a great day. We got our first new camper and had a great experience with the service department. They told us to take it out a few times and make our punch list of stuff that needed to be addressed and then to make an appointment to get any adjustments or issues taken care of.

I love this thing and may have to do some "yamping" (yard camping) over the next week.
Old 04-14-2016, 10:37 PM   #29
Site Team

I'm glad it all worked out for you. Hope the good service you got today will continue in the future. Sounds like the service department is quite the opposite of the sales staff. Now your good to go.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Old 04-14-2016, 10:55 PM   #30
Weekend Camper

The worst part of the day was having to back the new trailer down my 300 foot driveway in the dark. I see a reverse light upgrade in the near future...
Old 04-15-2016, 10:55 AM   #31
Full Time Camper

Congrats. I too noticed the 32QB is gone. The 30QB is it's replacement. I like the tiny kitchen versus the bunk door, but like much much more about my 2014 than the new ones. Post pics!!
2014 Zinger 32QB
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 01:58 PM   #32
Weekend Camper

Okay. I can add images!

Old 04-15-2016, 03:10 PM   #33
Seasonal Camper

Looks great. Congratulations.
dedmiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 03:22 PM   #34
Site Team

Nice looking rig, best of luck

Old 04-15-2016, 05:49 PM   #35
Weekend Camper

Thanks guys! We are excited to have something new that we don't have to keep fixing.