Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2014, 09:25 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Inspection, 34RK 5er

Hi Everyone!
Armed with the info & checklist that some very helpful members provided, from my prier posts, I traveled to Myrtle Beach to inspect the Sunset Trail Reserve 34RK 5er. Needless to say, I was a little nervous about finding a dry unit.
Upon arrival at Camping World, they pulled the unit out front and set it up for inspection. I asked the salesman for a half hour to go through the checklist. Armed with a trusty flashlight, I went through every nook and cranny, looking for signs of water intrusion. At the end of the inspection I was extremely pleased and relieved to have a dry unit.
At this point they provided a "tech" to take me through the systems. As we came near the end of the systems checks he retracted the kitchen and bedroom slides. When he hit the switch for living room slide, it went in about an inch and stopped. After a couple more attempts, he went for help. After a half hour or so armed with a volt meter. they announced the living room slide needs two new slide motors. That's when I headed North. They say the new motors will be installed in two or three weeks. They will install them and put the 5er in storage for me. We are headed back down in Jan for an extended stay, so we will see how it all turns out. Again, thanks to all for the input and advice. It helped more than you all know

On a side note from another post, I have a "hot spot" and extender ordered for the time we spend in the RV.

Bill & Jill
Old 12-06-2014, 09:51 AM   #2
Site Team

Very happy to hear the PDI info helped.
If you haven't had all the units systems explained and shown to you yet----
Keep that PDI list.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote