Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2016, 05:55 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Leaking Windows

Hi there,we have a 2015 maple country with a dinette/living room slide. The windows beside the table as well behind the couch are leaking has anyone else had this problem,also the back window in the bunk bed area as well as the window in the master bedroom area.
Can I just run caulking around the windows till the spring and then take them apart to reseal. Thanks.
Wayne wasylucha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 06:22 PM   #2
Site Team

That probably would be your best bet if you don't have time to fix it. Don't use silicone, it's hard to remove.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 01:41 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Thanks
Old 09-23-2016, 07:08 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Just passing this on and it may not even be related or the same situation as the OP.

One of my slide windows leaked. It is a window on the side of the slide that opens like the old school bus windows. The drain in the window track (bottom of window behind the plasitic cover) was blocked from debris from what I believe to be months of sitting on the dealer lot and gathering debris. This went unnoticed for various reasons I assume.

On our first trip, we had torrential rains and floor of our dinette/couch slide was literally squishy sopping wet. The window was the culprit. Water was overflowing the track at the bottom of the window and flowing inside the camper down the wall.

I had to run to Wally world and get a wet dry vac to suck up all the water. We just happen to have a couple of fans in the camper and we dried the carpet out overnight. We were able to lift the carpet edge up to direct air under the carpet as well.

Next day, I popped off that plastic/rubber cover off the base of the window and cleaned out the track and the drain slit. So far, so good.

During heavy rain, water just pours off the slide right down the side of the slide over that window. Those window drains are extremely important to keep clear.

Wishing the OP the best of luck in getting the leak identified. These are the worst kinds!
Old 09-23-2016, 08:43 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Thanks for your help,i will check it out.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:12 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

We had some of the same stuff happen, we were in a tornado / waterspout down in Galveston last year, when i got home, I caulked the window frames, no issues since..
And Yes it was very loud.
56Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 10:24 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Thanks for your help and glad your ok.