Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2012, 07:44 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

Hi all : I should be getting my new '13 25RB Sunset Trail Reserve in a few weeks and am really researching any ideas for mods. Mine will come with a carefree power awning with the led lighted tube.Also with the new tri- fold hide a bed (one of the deciding factors).

If anyone out there has the same unit ...how do you like yours /

thanksHarley from Belle river , Ontario
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:53 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Harley,

We have a 2012 and just finished our maiden voyage. We love it!!!! Has everything we wanted in this size rig and so far everything is working just fine. Had many comments at the campground and everyone, including us, loved the outdoor kitchen. The fridge kept the beverages icey cold! And was nice to be able to wash the hands right there when cooking on the BBQ. Don't know what your tow rig is but our 1500 Silverado did just fine. Trailer seemed to get a little tail waggy but that could be loading or the fact we had no sway control devices which I am currently updating. Wasn't that much just a few inches so maybe it's just me?
Be sure to "burn in" your furnace before you use it as ours was a little stinky. We just set the thermostat for 80 degrees opened up the windows and let 'er rip. As well you might want to deflect the floor vent from blowing on the thermostat as that caused our furnace to cycle on and off to much. After we deflected the air the furnace stayed on as it should.
Get out and enjoy it! We are planning at least a couple more trips before winter hits.

Ian and Miyra

Home is where the hookup is.
2012 ST25RB Reserve tailgating a 2011 Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax
Roadie66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:40 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Roadie66..thanks for the upbeat comments. My TV ,right now,is a GMC 1500 also . 3:42 rear end with trailer pkg. Towed my other one fine (not like last summers 2500 diesel though) I use an Equilizer 4 point sway hitch and never had a sway problem . Should work great on this new unit. The '13's don't have a heat vent on the floor near the thermo anymore , they put a round one above the converter and also added one to the bathroom , so the heat diversion should not be a prob...

will keep you updated...
Old 09-04-2012, 10:18 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Ah one in the bathroom, great idea! We have AC to the bath but no heat go figure!

Home is where the hookup is.
2012 ST25RB Reserve tailgating a 2011 Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax
Roadie66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:16 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Send a message via AIM to wincrasher
I took mine out forgetting the sway control one time. It only took a passing semi to set up an almost catastrophic sway situation. If my Suburban didn't have a built in anti-sway system, we surely would have crashed. Do not tow with your 1500 without it.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:12 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

sorry , I was wrong about the heat in the bathroom , there is an a/c duct in the ceiling and 2 black vents that only got thru to the fridge in the outside kitchen ....but no heat ....2 separate dealers told me there was heat ...oh well .

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
Old 11-14-2012, 12:17 PM   #7
New Camper

Harley,
We also got our Sunset Trail 25RB this year - July 4th. We love it. The outside kitchen is awesome and the outside frig is perfect for extra drinks and food. We have not had any issues so far at all with our trailer. My hubby has done a number things to our trailer to personalize it for us. Many of the ideas for the mods came from this forum. The people on here are great for posting what has worked for them. We camped recently and turned on the furnace for the first time and yes it did set thesmoke alarm off since we forgot to open windows to air it out for the first burn. At least we know the smoke detector works!Ittook us a numberof nights to figure out the exact cooling/heatingarrangement to make it comfortable for us. The fireplace heater is awesome and so far has beenplenty for us for the cool nights. We aretailgating at a college game the weekend afterThanksgiving here so probably will needthe furnace that weekend.
Good luck and enjoy your new trailer.

2013 Sunset Trail 25RB

jlwrink is offline   Reply With Quote