Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2019, 08:58 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to Davelevandoskiayahoo.com
new camper

picking up m 262on Saturday.here in Milwaukee the snow just melt.so it will be a few months before we use it.
what are you feelings about your camper?
what do like and dislike about it.
we upgraded from a 23 foot hybrid Jayco, so anything will be an upgrade
Davelevandoskiayahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 08:29 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

We had an Outback 210urs before we got our 262BH. That first trailer tought us alot about what we really wanted. The 262 fit all our check boxes, we really like the floor plan, double sliding doors to front bedroom, TV far from the front bedroom so we can sleep in if the kids get up early. We wanted a couch directly across from the TV. We are very happy with this trailer, anything we didn't like was generally small items that I have modified (my mods are posted on this site). I guess if I'm trying to think of something I would rather be different that I can't change I guess it would be a bigger bathroom.
reedebr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 09:12 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Congrats on the trailer and welcome to the forum!

Been quite a while (2011) but when we traded up from a 27 foot jayco hybrid to our 300BH it was a huge upgrade for us. Hybrid was nice and short but having a real bedroom and 5-10 minute campsite setup time was awesome. Oh, and when it was pouring rain and storming...nice, quiet, warm (or cool) and comfy. Plus we got to camp out west in bear country after the upgrade. Can't do that in a hybrid..most campgrounds won't let ya in ..for good reason.

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 04:59 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Congrats and welcome to the forum.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 09:38 PM   #5
Site Team

Congratulations! Welcome to the forum!

2013 Silverado 2500HD LTZ CC 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2023 Rockwood 2445WS
Buster, miniature Dachshund
2023: 9 trips, 48 nights in 12 states, 2 provinces, 8120 miles
2022: 3 trips, 18 nights in 4 states, 2352 miles
2019: 7 trips, 43 nights in 6 states, 5336 miles
DavisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 07:44 PM   #6
New Camper

First full season with our 262

Did you get the new upgraded 2019 262? We traded from a Hybrid to our 2919 model, upgrade has the King bed, stabilized steps, full size sink and the outdoor grill instead of the burners. I literally buzzed through the entire Hershey RV Show with my 10’year old daughter, she was such a trooper, and this was our favorite model. Only used it for 2 quick weekends last fall so we are excited to begin the season. Love the slide and all the windows in it, the tv location and sofa. Love the master suite and the large awning the covers the outdoor kitchen. So many bonuses from our 24’ hybrid, quick set up and tear down, steps to reach the roof. Small bathroom, but that’s ok. Love the gas grill in the outdoor kitchen instead of the burners. Black water tank clean out and all the blue lights and plenty of storage. Enjoy ��
fotozeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 08:33 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Congratulation and welcome fellow Milwaukean! We're chomping at the bit to get our 32RL, which we love, uncovered and ready for WI summers!
2017 Ram 2500
6.4 L Hemi
BLtravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 08:42 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

262bh

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotozeman View Post
Did you get the new upgraded 2019 262? We traded from a Hybrid to our 2919 model, upgrade has the King bed, stabilized steps, full size sink and the outdoor grill instead of the burners. I literally buzzed through the entire Hershey RV Show with my 10’year old daughter, she was such a trooper, and this was our favorite model. Only used it for 2 quick weekends last fall so we are excited to begin the season. Love the slide and all the windows in it, the tv location and sofa. Love the master suite and the large awning the covers the outdoor kitchen. So many bonuses from our 24’ hybrid, quick set up and tear down, steps to reach the roof. Small bathroom, but that’s ok. Love the gas grill in the outdoor kitchen instead of the burners. Black water tank clean out and all the blue lights and plenty of storage. Enjoy ��
we also had a 23' Jayco hybrid.Got tired of the setup also.
Don't know what the upgraded is.it sounds like the features you have I also have.
We did pick up the kingsize bed'
we added an additional tv in bedroom. And backup camera monitor. I did have issues with the stairs though.one of the feet were stuck in the channel .when I held up the stairs to pull the foot out. Forgetting that the stairs fold into trailer the doors have to be open. The stair frame got twisted and the doors would not close.Called dealer. they will take care of it.the led lights on top of trailer need to be replaced they will take care of things then
Old 03-25-2019, 08:52 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

what are your camping spots

hello fellow cheesehead. what type of camping do you do?where your favorite parks?
Old 03-28-2019, 04:10 PM   #10
New Camper

Yes, those features are with the newer model. I had actually seen 2019 models that didn't have those features, and at one point was considering a good buy on a leftover 2018, but because of the bed, the outdoor grill and the stairs decided to stay with the updated 2019 model. It seems to me there will usually be little issues that have to be ironed out when buying a new camper, and I know what you mean about the steps. Still have a few things to figure out completely, and get her figured out. One thing I do really like is that this camper seems to tow better than my lighter weight hybrid, it makes the towing seem more solid, which is nice too. Definitely love not having to set up and tear down the beds, that is Huge, oh, and the outdoor refrigerator. Not having to keep buying ice for the cooler is super nice. Our first trip is in 2 weeks, my family and me are really excited.
fotozeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 08:20 PM   #11
Weekend Camper

Wi camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLtravels View Post
Congratulation and welcome fellow Milwaukean! We're chomping at the bit to get our 32RL, which we love, uncovered and ready for WI summers!
Where do you camp.
Old 03-31-2019, 01:45 PM   #12
Weekend Camper

Congrats. We started with a couple of popups. First one didn't even have lights. Really like the comforts of a full size/equipped rig. Enjoy. Oh, just sayin' we've been out already, spring break in OK.
fireguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 08:02 PM   #13
New Camper

Cool, good for you! We’re newbies and we’re picking up our 2019 Volante 33 BH in just over a week and can’t wait to get it out on its maiden voyage. It’s been really nice here in southern Saskatchewan over the past couple of weeks so things are drying up nicely!
JoTheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 06:05 AM   #14
New Camper

How does the grill work? Do you find it too small?