Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2019, 01:53 PM   #1
New Camper

Smile New Camper/Our first 5th Wheel!

Hello!

My husband and I just bought a used 2014 Cruiser Aire 5th wheel. We've done it all. We started out with a truck tent for his truck... That was fun for about a minute... haha But we made do for about a year and a half. From there we went to a pop up truck camper. That was better... But still cramped when it was the two of us and our two dogs. So after we got married and started thinking about having a family we decided that a truck camper just wouldn't do. At that time we bought ourselves a pull behind travel trailer. Oh how I loved it! It was all open with a pull out back slide for our bed, a full bathroom, and bunks across the front of the trailer. It was perfect. Until we were walking around a camper show for fun (because that's what we all do on a rainy Saturday, isn't it? I'm sure I'm not alone!) and we left 6 hours later with paperwork for our first 5th wheel. How about it! We are so excited! We are going from a camper that barely had any room for our clothes to a camper that has a real bedroom! Ha!

My husband and I are 33 and camping is what we do in the summer. We have 3 dogs and 0 human children (yet). We look forward to learning and sharing and growing with this forum. Thanks for having us!
Ksteven4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 03:49 PM   #2
Site Team

Hello and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on the new to you 5th wheel. If you have any questions about anything feel free to ask there are a lot of knowledgeable people here to help. Enjoy your camper.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 05:23 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Welcome to the forum from NC. You will love how a 5er pulls compared to a tag along. I wish this forum was here 34 years ago when I started camping. Youngens: Ha. Enjoy the experience and don’t be afraid to ask any questions. The only stupid question is the one you don’t ask. Congrats

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 10:47 PM   #4
Site Team

Congratulations! Welcome to the forum!

2013 Silverado 2500HD LTZ CC 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2023 Rockwood 2445WS
Buster, miniature Dachshund
2023: 9 trips, 48 nights in 12 states, 2 provinces, 8120 miles
2022: 3 trips, 18 nights in 4 states, 2352 miles
2019: 7 trips, 43 nights in 6 states, 5336 miles
DavisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 07:35 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Welcome from another first timer to the 5th wheel world. This appears to be a great source of RV info.

"The smallest act of kindness trumps the greatest of intentions"
divey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 05:51 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Welcome,

That's quite a story and all too familiar. We started with a pop-up with three kids and a crazy lovable Labrador Retriever and eventually moved to a hybrid than a couple trailers. There is nothing like waking up in a real bedroom making a cup a coffee while its raining outside. You are in for some good times, and feel free to share your experiences here. Make sure to update your profile and signature with your trailer and tow vehicle when you get some time. We really don't want or need anymore personal information to share, but having your stuff listed really helps other forum members down the road. I've been pinged a half dozen times by people looking for the same trailer we have as well as questions about towing, etc.

I've learned a ton from the members on the forum and avoided some costly mistakes along the way too. Best advice is to search the forum when you have questions and if you don't find your answer, start a thread.

BTW..I see your from NY..we've been all over and one of the nicest spots we've stayed is in Lake George RV park. If you have not, be sure to add that to your list.

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:14 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via AIM to st.rodder2 Send a message via MSN to st.rodder2 Send a message via Yahoo to st.rodder2
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new trailer. We also went from a 18' tag-a-long then to a 27" tag-a long to our 36" 5th wheel. So much better to tow. Wife is no longer nervous when towing. Hope to see you around if you get to any CT campgrounds.

2015 Sunset Trail SF32RL
2012 Ford F250SD CC 4X4 - 6.7 Powerstroke

st.rodder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 02:13 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

Welcome from Louisiana...

06 F350 KR PS CC SRW

...Wish we were camping...
cowboy_71 is offline   Reply With Quote