Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2016, 07:03 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

New Crossroads Elevation Owner

Greetings from Southern NJ. We recently sold our 2006 Hurricane Motorhome and after some searching and comparisons bought a new 2015 Elevation Richmond with some great options and at a discount that we had a hard time passing up. Will pickup the end of the week and plan to use on a couple of trips before the season ends. Appreciate the insight from all those who have posted within this forum as it's been very helpful.
Old 10-03-2016, 07:17 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Congratulations on the new rig. Welcome to the forum.
2021 Ford F-250 XLT Premium
6.2L, 6 3/4 ft bed, FX4. Tow pkg.
sjk1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 07:17 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Welcome to the forum from NC

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 05:43 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Welcome and congrats!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

2015 Zinger ZT270RL
2016 Toyota Tundra
2003 Toyota Sequoia
KirkedOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 06:43 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Welcome to the forum from Louisiana

06 F350 KR PS CC SRW

...Wish we were camping...
cowboy_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 04:01 PM   #6
Seasonal Camper

That's a nice looking toy hauler. We bought a similar unit earlier this year, the Elevation Homestead. We couldn't be happier. We've already put a lot of fun miles on ours.

What kind of toys will you load in yours? Do you have good places to ride near home in NJ?

We've worked out a lot of the kinks in ours. It's back in the shop this week again for warranty service though. Hopefully this will be the last trip to take care of our checklist of issues.

Let me know if you have any questions. Our models are different, but they were built the same year.
dedmiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 05:36 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

Richmond

Appreciate all of the responses and look forward to contributing. The Wife and I have a Harley RoadGlide we expect to take on a trip or two and my son and I have a few dirt bikes (motocross) but I'm guessing we'll use it more often with the dogs, kayaks, mountain bikes etc. We don't have any places in NJ that I'm aware of for the dirt bikes where the camper would be convenient so trips will be to PA, NY, WV and down south as we have a daughter in Florida. Would appreciate any insight you can provide on what I have to look forward to as I've gone through about every forum possible to see what others have experienced good/bad/ugly but we'll use as much as we can the first two years as we ended up with a 2yr warranty to work out any kinks. Really like the layout of the Homestead, especially the two couch setup but we don't have the truck to support the additional weight/size and the Richmond fits our TV. We also looked at a 2016 Elevation Speedway which was nice but very limited cabinet and storage space compared to the Richmond. Spent my morning (at work) speaking with quite a few hitch manufacturers, Crossroads, Etrailer, Dyers RV, Curt, B&W, Demco, Pullrite as well as combing the forums trying to figure out which hitch will work best for us. Biggest issue is the truck (2014 Ram Megacab SB) sits pretty high and the camper has the TrailAir Triglide setup so hitch height is a concern (so we aren't riding nose high) and I'm going the auto slider route which limited my options. We will be picking ours up end of the week or early next so I'm putting together our checklist and already gave them a few items to get a head start (all minor issues thus far).

Again, appreciate any insight you can provide.

Thanks,

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedmiston View Post
That's a nice looking toy hauler. We bought a similar unit earlier this year, the Elevation Homestead. We couldn't be happier. We've already put a lot of fun miles on ours.

What kind of toys will you load in yours? Do you have good places to ride near home in NJ?

We've worked out a lot of the kinks in ours. It's back in the shop this week again for warranty service though. Hopefully this will be the last trip to take care of our checklist of issues.

Let me know if you have any questions. Our models are different, but they were built the same year.
Old 10-06-2016, 08:03 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Congrats - and enjoy your new rig.

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 02:39 PM   #9
Family Vacation Member

I have a 2013 Ram 2500 with a 2013 Elevation 3912 and the same pin as you have on your new rig. My pulls totally level. See pic...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 Elevation 3912
2017 Dodge RAM 3500HD Dually with AISIN
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
englishmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 02:40 PM   #10
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishmatt View Post
I have a 2013 Ram 2500 with a 2013 Elevation 3912 and the same pin as you have on your new rig. My pulls totally level. See pic...

Oh, I do have the firestone airbags running at 30psi just to help out.

2013 Elevation 3912
Old 10-08-2016, 03:37 PM   #11
Weekend Camper

Towing level

Thanks Matt, appreciate the pic and very nice setup you have. We ended up driving up to the dealer to see how the camper set with the truck and it looked pretty good although I don't have the bags installed yet. Only issue I was concerned with is I leveled my truck (2.5" low in the front) just after we bought it so the bags will be used to assist but not much (I'll try 30lbs as you are using to start). Here is the only pic I have with the camper set on the truck after we installed the new hitch this morning.

Thanks again, appreciate it,

Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender (3).jpg (917.7 KB, 7 views)
Old 10-08-2016, 07:40 PM   #12
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxr515 View Post
Thanks Matt, appreciate the pic and very nice setup you have. We ended up driving up to the dealer to see how the camper set with the truck and it looked pretty good although I don't have the bags installed yet. Only issue I was concerned with is I leveled my truck (2.5" low in the front) just after we bought it so the bags will be used to assist but not much (I'll try 30lbs as you are using to start). Here is the only pic I have with the camper set on the truck after we installed the new hitch this morning.

Thanks again, appreciate it,

Mike

Yeah, nice set up mate. I only have the bags on the back. I have zero issues towing this rig. Took it over the Rockies in May and had no issues with pulling power or stopping. The exhaust brake was an absolute God send and kept it all in check. Hardly touched the brakes on the steep declines.

Enjoy!!!

2013 Elevation 3912