Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2015, 06:11 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Cool New member from KY

Hey ya'll! Posting from KY. We are what we like to call mid timers. We travel A LOT usually only home for a few days before heading back out! We have a Elevation 36GP and tow it with a Ram 4500 flat bed. Its just the 2 of us and our fur kids. We like our Elevation ok but would like to get out of it which has posed a big problem. O well live and learn! We are going to start work camping soon and are probably one of the youngest couples on here
wanderingprobablylost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 06:17 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. What are the problems you are having with your Elevation? By the way, it looks like a beauty.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 06:23 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Just shotty work. We have had to remount every piece of molding even the moliding on the edge of the slides. We had to get a new roof put on, leaking slides, headboard fell out. Just seems like we have to fix every little thing. Thankfully havent had too many issues with the slides like everyone else. Every once in awhile the bedroom slide wont run in even but we run it back out then in and it runs in fine. The AC and the heat suck which is going to be a problem while Im doing camperforce with Amazon this winter. And my biggest pet peeve is lack of windows and natural light lol but thats just me whining. Biggest thing is the layout just doesnt work well for us but we were newbies when we bought it and had no clue what we wanted layout wise.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:07 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Hi There guys!

Welcome to the family! On behalf of CrossRoads, I'm so sorry to hear that you've had to do so much "tweaking" on your unit. That's no fun at all!

Excited to hear you guys will be workamping though! Will you be at the Workamper News Rendezvous in October? It's in Heber Springs Arkansas! I'm working on getting my ticket this week !
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 08:34 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Lost
Just got back from Kentucky a couple of weeks ago, and had a great time down there...Welcome to the forum...Sorry to hear your having so much trouble with the hauler...Looks real nice in the pics...Hang in there as long as you can avoid the big problems you are ahead of the game...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 08:35 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

yea the more I look around I count my blessings. Just me being picky! Going to paint and make it more homey. Where in KY were you?
Old 09-03-2015, 08:37 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

No I won't be there I will be doing CamperForce at Amazon in Campbellsville, ky until just before Christmas. Sounds fun though!
Old 09-04-2015, 06:39 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderingprobablylost View Post
yea the more I look around I count my blessings. Just me being picky! Going to paint and make it more homey. Where in KY were you?
We did Bardstown, a small part of the Bourbon Trail and also went to the Kentucky State Fair...Had a great time....So to answer your question we were in the Louisville area...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 07:35 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyT View Post
We did Bardstown, a small part of the Bourbon Trail and also went to the Kentucky State Fair...Had a great time....So to answer your question we were in the Louisville area...
Your joking! We were in Bardstown the 26-30. We did the KY state fair on the 27 and did the wild turkey, 4 roses, barton, heaven hills and Jim beam tours. That's funny!